Boot Fix - High Recommend to All

JackStrong

Hi.

I have never seen this on the forum, probably some know about it:

Many 350z's suffer the same fate mine did. It usually starts when it starts getting cold; you would hit the trunk release, and it would pop, but would still be caught, requiring a second press of the release, or worse, a slight lift up and then hitting the release again. Usually this starts out intermittent, and gets worse over time. The dealer even replaced my struts, and the problem returned within a year. Nissan finally issued a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) over the problem, NTB04042, which instructs the dealer to replace the lifting springs. This DIY fix works just as well, and saves you a trip to the dealership.

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/diy- ... x-how.html

I have just tried it and it works perfectly. I used 2x 1p on each with a bit of blue tac just to keep them together.

The first meet I went down to ( Port Solent ) one chap was doing the round doing the penny trick on those that had this problem. Good tip to know :thumbs:

I think that was me :yahoo::lol: or at least I did do two cars at a Port Solent meet last year, might have been a different meet!

I used rubber tap washers as there is less chance of damaging anything that way :thumbs: likelyhood of damaging with the penny is low, but better safe than sorry.

I just did this on my Zed a few minutes ago..

It probably took me 5 minutes max without needing any tools either ...

I found some half inch tap washers lying around so used these instead...

I have to say it works Brilliantly!

:yahoo:

• 1 month later...

I'm worried about the extra weight from adding all these coins :stir:

I hope you've removed your counterweight then.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9903

The penny trick did nothing for me but removing the counterweight has meant it pops with one click and the struts actually keep it up now rather than my head :blush: