Weird hissing noise

JoshThePonce

(Please ignore the poor sound quality, it was taken on my phone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChanbQa1Gdk&feature=youtu.be

Anyone know what it is? :shrug:

I had some japspeed decats fitted a little while ago but there were no signs of any blowing once fitted, plus it doesn't sound like your normal blowing noise?

Sounds like a weird sucking noise, is this normal with decats? :wacko:

Hmmmmm................ I want to say that sounds more like a loose baffle in the box :shrug:

Wouldn't the op see wadding on the rear bumper if the baffle had failed, as graham had on his bumper :shrug:

I don't know is the answer but I guess there are some kind of compartments in the box that contain that stuff one of which may have come partly loose - just a thought.

Hmmmmm................ I want to say that sounds more like a loose baffle in the box :shrug:

Wouldn't the op see wadding on the rear bumper if the baffle had failed, as graham had on his bumper :shrug:

I don't know is the answer but I guess there are some kind of compartments in the box that contain that stuff one of which may have come partly loose - just a thought.

It's a possibility :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

HI

its the gas flow going through your racing cats.. I have the same thing ;)

I put HKS cat back on and then bought some racing cats (cannot remember the brand) drove off and could hear this noise .. i was like wtf is that.. bought it back to the garage put the standard cats on .. noise gone..

I then put the racing cats on with the standard cat back .. noise back..

So i figured it was the cats and that they were crap .. so I bought another pair of Racing cats from another supplier and the same thing happened.. when I rang the supplier they told me that cause these are proper racing cats with no sliencing when the gasses run though it, it resonates and makes that noise.

tbh on full blast the car sounds sooooo good i dont really care about the noise..

What you have is decats then. Hfc's still rasp.

May I ask how much you paid for them?

HI

its the gas flow going through your racing cats.. I have the same thing ;)

I put HKS cat back on and then bought some racing cats (cannot remember the brand) drove off and could hear this noise .. i was like wtf is that.. bought it back to the garage put the standard cats on .. noise gone..

I then put the racing cats on with the standard cat back .. noise back..

So i figured it was the cats and that they were crap .. so I bought another pair of Racing cats from another supplier and the same thing happened.. when I rang the supplier they told me that cause these are proper racing cats with no sliencing when the gasses run though it, it resonates and makes that noise.

tbh on full blast the car sounds sooooo good i dont really care about the noise..

• 1 month later...

I have the same noise. I had the berk high flow cats fitted. I was told its a normal notice for high flow cats. Looking at getting an exhaust system to hopefully make it less noticeable.

It wont. It's their for life unfortunately unless you turbo or supercharge it