Got myself another Bug !

andyzed

After owning a bug convertible a few years back my wife always fancied another as a summer runabout. Spotted this one for sale on Classic Cars and I'm now the proud owner.

Lots of history and built by Andy Parrot back in 1991 when he was only 20 and took him 2 1/2 years to build, sold by him to fund an engineering degree in 1991, he is now a drivetrain engineer with Lotus.

Dry stored for the last 20 years, hope to take it to a few VW events over the Summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvlEQ6japU

Wow, the work that went into that - a build that I am sure Keyser would be proud of. B)

Not your usual flat4 Beetle exhaust note either watching the vid of it on the country drive.

If it is still in the condition shown in those vids - you got yourself a nice one there :thumbs:

Wow, the work that went into that - a build that I am sure Keyser would be proud of. B)

Not your usual flat4 Beetle exhaust note either watching the vid of it on the country drive.

If it is still in the condition shown in those vids - you got yourself a nice one there :thumbs:

Both videos were shot last year,so car is exactly as in pics, shame it never seen the light of day for 20 years, after it was built in 1991. The owners son-in -law got it MOT'd last year and took it to a couple of VW shows where it won some trophies. It was a present for my wife but I also like bugs so hopefully get it out for a few runs when the weather improves

Managed to buy it just before a Chinese gent who wanted to ship it to Hong Kong.

That is a beast! :thumbs: Can we be bold enough to ask how much you managed to get ahold of the little bad boy for?

Paid £6.5K for it, I got 2 box files with the car detailing absolutely everything that was done to it including a DVD of the complete rebuild when it was built in 1991.

Parts alone cost £11k back in 1991 and Andy Parrot spent 2 1/2 years building it.

Engine sounds sweet with the twin dellortos,

Engine spec as follows:

1641cc VW Type 2. 041 VW heads polished and ported with 40x36 Stainless steel valves and hardened valve seats for use with unleaded fuel. HD springs and retainers, bolt-up rocker shafts and swivel adjusters. Eurorace H grind high lift camshaft with standard stroke VW crankshaft. Lightened and eight-dowelled flywheel. Melling high volume oil pump with external remote oil filter and front mounted 16 row oil cooler all connected using stainless steel braided hoses. Twin Dellorto DRLA 40 Carburettors with K&N air filters, Facet electric fuel pump with Filter King filter & regulator. Bosch 009 distributor and ignition, Smoothcut rev limiter. Engine fully blueprinted and balanced. Scatâ road exhaust.

Transmission: Standard 1300 gearbox with rigid 200mm clutch and urethane mounts.Scatâ short throw gear shifter.

That is a beast! :thumbs: Can we be bold enough to ask how much you managed to get ahold of the little bad boy for?

Paid £6.5K for it, I got 2 box files with the car detailing absolutely everything that was done to it including a DVD of the complete rebuild when it was built in 1991.

Parts alone cost £11k back in 1991 and Andy Parrot spent 2 1/2 years building it.

Engine sounds sweet with the twin dellortos,

Engine spec as follows:

1641cc VW Type 2. 041 VW heads polished and ported with 40x36 Stainless steel valves and hardened valve seats for use with unleaded fuel. HD springs and retainers, bolt-up rocker shafts and swivel adjusters. Eurorace H grind high lift camshaft with standard stroke VW crankshaft. Lightened and eight-dowelled flywheel. Melling high volume oil pump with external remote oil filter and front mounted 16 row oil cooler all connected using stainless steel braided hoses. Twin Dellorto DRLA 40 Carburettors with K&N air filters, Facet electric fuel pump with Filter King filter & regulator. Bosch 009 distributor and ignition, Smoothcut rev limiter. Engine fully blueprinted and balanced. Scatâ road exhaust.

Transmission: Standard 1300 gearbox with rigid 200mm clutch and urethane mounts.Scatâ short throw gear shifter.

I don't think that is a car you are going to lose money on mate! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: It's a real beauty!