Differences in tyre braking distances

Clown

Nexen beating brands such as Falken, Yokohama and Toyo, and a disappointing result for both Vredestein and Avon, in 22nd and 33rd respectively

But forum "experts" tell us Vredestein are far superior to cheap brands like Falken, Hankook, Nokian, Kumho...

Nexen beating brands such as Falken, Yokohama and Toyo, and a disappointing result for both Vredestein and Avon, in 22nd and 33rd respectively

But forum "experts" tell us Vredestein are far superior to cheap brands like Falken, Hankook, Nokian, Kumho...

the ultra sessanta's arent on there, its not falken fk452's either, alot of those tyres arent the current types we use.

It is good for a general brand comparison though. About time there were some more proper tyre tests as at the moment the feeling (and lots of comments) tend to be that the more you pay the better you get, which isn't necessarily true.

i would like to see, not only dry/wet stop tests but also breakaway tests, heat tests etc so we know how hot you can get a tyre, how does is respond at these temps and when does the rubber start falling away and melting.

There is too many variable that go untested. Dry/wet stopping times arent enough to decipher how good a tyre is.

Totally agree, there needs to be a better tyre test done, but, in the case of stopping in a straight line in the wet/dry which many of us have to do everyday, its still quite compelling evidence.

The one thing that didn't surprise me were the Goodyears being up the top, never heard a bad thing said about them. Surprisingly never really recommended on this forum though?

Totally agree, there needs to be a better tyre test done, but, in the case of stopping in a straight line in the wet/dry which many of us have to do everyday, its still quite compelling evidence.

The one thing that didn't surprise me were the Goodyears being up the top, never heard a bad thing said about them. Surprisingly never really recommended on this forum though?

I have goodyear eagle f1 gsd3's on my suzuki swift sport and they are outstanding tyres :thumbs:

Kuhmo came in 15th :scare: These tyres seem to have a horrible rep but appear to perform just fine with a total score around 6m off the top spot, and they're CHEAP!

The breakaway may be shocking though and the handling characteristics may be awful. The road noise may be terrible also.... None of this stuff was tested in this test which makes these sort of tests shite...

Where is the pilot supersports, ps2's etc.... where are the bridgestone re50a's etc.... What car were they tested on, which weight was the car ??? All the above is what should really be tested. Generic testing is worth nothing!

i would like to see, not only dry/wet stop tests but also breakaway tests, heat tests etc so we know how hot you can get a tyre, how does is respond at these temps and when does the rubber start falling away and melting.

There is too many variable that go untested. Dry/wet stopping times arent enough to decipher how good a tyre is.

For those of us that just drive their Zed from A to B with the odd spirited drive now and again I would have thought the test is ideal.

What you are talking about Neil is trackday use which I can understand you being interested in but I couldn't give a monkeys about :lol:

I thought most people on here were for Vred's because of the looks more than anything else :shrug:

For those of us that just drive their Zed from A to B with the odd spirited drive now and again I would have thought the test is ideal.

What you are talking about Neil is trackday use which I can understand you being interested in but I couldn't give a monkeys about :lol:

I thought most people on here were for Vred's because of the looks more than anything else :shrug:

Even for during the day driving, all these factors come into it from driving country roads etc. I understand what you mean, but roadnoise is a massive factor in these types of journeys. :thumbs: