My Brothers Porker !!

Carlin

Assuming those figures are accurate, the Cayman is a second quicker to 100. That's a lifetime, and given that it's a better handling car too it's going to be substantially quicker on road, track or strip.

Who cares anyway? It cost £20K more so you'd expect it to be better, and if you wanted a quicker car then go buy an old Impreza for £5K, spend £5K on go faster bits and you'll be quicker than 99% of the cars out there. The Zed is about the experience, the overall drive, not the pace.

Second is a lifetime? :lol: on real road conditions its neither here nor there, certainly wouldnt describe is as being able to leave the zed for dead in the acceleration stakes. And for £20k more id expect something a lot better. But each to their own. Everyone has their own preferences as to what cars they like, so everyones a winner here.

Those figures were for standard cars.

Second is a lifetime? :lol: on real road conditions its neither here nor there, certainly wouldn't describe is as being able to leave the zed for dead in the acceleration stakes.

Fair enough, I didn't actually give an example to demonstrate how big a 1-second gap can feel. Have a look at this video, only really interested in the first race:

Check out the timings of the 996TT and the 458: Almost exactly a second apart, but look just how much further ahead the 458 is when it finishes. I don't think I used the term "left for dead" anywhere, but there's certainly a sizeable gap and it's quite an interesting clip given how the OP is on about straight line drags rather than fast road or track work. I'd say the £20K extra on the Cayman S is worth it (with the right spec, my own recent experience of a non-S Cayman proves that!), but then it's all relative to what you can afford really. I don't mean that to sound like the c*nt I know it makes me sound, it's the same no matter how far up the scale you go: 911 tubby worth £20K more than a 911 S? Hell yeah, but not if you can't afford it. Same with the Audi TT/TTRS, or used 350 vs new 370.

My point was more that it's verging on pathetic jealousy when you're so incredibly gutted that your car is slower than your brother's, instead of just enjoying the fact that you both own two incredible drivers' cars.

Yeah my 350z has been on the rolling road with a printout of 327.1bhp, got cosworth filters, true dual exhaust and a few other bits and bobs.

id like to see it dyno'd on an accurate dyno tbh. Ive never seen a de zed make that much power. Horshams dyno also reads very high in comparison to every other dyno on here.

Yeah my 350z has been on the rolling road with a printout of 327.1bhp, got cosworth filters, true dual exhaust and a few other bits and bobs.

id like to see it dyno'd on an accurate dyno tbh. Ive never seen a de zed make that much power. Horshams dyno also reads very high in comparison to every other dyno on here.

Mine isn't a DE it's a 2007 hr model cheers, and the noblemotorsports rolling road is renowned for being pretty accurate.

Mine isn't a DE it's a 2007 hr model cheers, and the noblemotorsports rolling road is renowned for being pretty accurate.

Thats why yours is higher then. The cars the op was talking about is a DE