Extended Warranty questions and reconmendation

kriss

Hiall,

I have a 2007 GT with Nissan Extended Warranty until end fo april 2012. I have the following issues.

Diff/Drive shaft "click" when pulling away.

Airbag Light flashing (have reset once before using the ignition key guides) but 2 weeks later its on

Slight squeak and feel of resistance the the pivot of the clutch pedal when pushing down. Actual engagement is fine, probebly needs greasing etc.

WLMG Nissan Shepperton want £90 to diag check and if its not covered I dont get my £90 refunded. PLUS - they cant tell me if the issue would even be covered until after the check and payment?

My GT-R mate takes his GT-R to a speiclaist approved Nissan Garage in Bromley called Ancaster? Any reconmendations or pointers on this warranty?

I would carefully check what is and what isnt covered under the warranty. I had an extended one on mine (runs out next month) and it covers basically nothing. If the clutch goes, its a "servicable" item. Same as brakes. My electric roof is classed as bodywork so thats not covered. In fact it seems very little is covered.

I recall that the airbag light issue has resulted from items crammed against the seat backrests - just a thought if the latest 'light on' issue followed such a situation.

I see you are in the SE area. I can recommend Motorline Nissan at Tunbridge Wells - if you ask for Ian Fraser (mention your membership on here) I believe him to be someone who will do what he can to get a fair outcome from Nissan :thumbs: He helped to sort out Will350z's roadster roof issue, when Will was having problems and I think that maybe after the original 3-year warranty expired.

Surely the Nissan ExWar covers everything that is normally covered in their normal 3 year warranty?

No, warranties are tricky things and need to read very carefully. I am fairly sure that the first year of any warranty covers more than the extra two and then any further extension to that will result in a reduction in cover. I think that in the first year there is an element of guarantee in the first year, which is a slightly different thing. I guess it’s like any insured product, the likely hood of a claim will grow with the age of the car, and therefore the risk too. :shrug:

I get that with non-OEM warranties, but would've expected Nissan just to carry on the usual warranty as-is.

Makes me realise that whilst the Porsche one is restrictive in terms of mods, the fact it covers everything bumper-to-bumper for 10 years and doesn't shift on price makes it very good.

I get that with non-OEM warranties, but would've expected Nissan just to carry on the usual warranty as-is.

Makes me realise that whilst the Porsche one is restrictive in terms of mods, the fact it covers everything bumper-to-bumper for 10 years and doesn't shift on price makes it very good.

Supose you get what you pay for.

You only get a standard 1 year warranty on Porsche and the extention is very expensive from memory, but I think you get a discount on it if you by on purchase day of the car?

Clicky axle, DIY job. Easy to do with minimal expense.

Air bag light as mentioned could be a pinched connector under the seat, move them forward a tad.

Extended warranty, cash cow for the stealers IMO. Nothing will be covered as there are so many get out clauses.

Example of this. I had a problem with mt roadsters roof, called the warranty company who told me that the roof was not covered as its classed as "trim" so in there eyes, it was an item I could do without.......w4nkers........ :bang:

You only get a standard 1 year warranty on Porsche and the extention is very expensive from memory, but I think you get a discount on it if you by on purchase day of the car?

Full 3 years now on brand new stuff, extended warranty after that is just over £1K a year, but like I say it covers everything. You get 2 years full warranty on the used cars too, which is still pretty good.

Full 3 years now on brand new stuff, extended warranty after that is just over £1K a year, but like I say it covers everything. You get 2 years full warranty on the used cars too, which is still pretty good.

Really! You know that the man old man was looking at the new Boxster, re the post. He is still being told that its just one year, and he has to pay for the other two years!! :bangin:

I'm only going on what the invoice said for the Cayman R that my brother bought last month, but 2 years is definitely included and the 3rd year is a non-optional option, IYSWIM. Same goes for the 3rd year of Porsche Assist too, but at least the warranty cost is significantly reduced (£660 down from the £1K). Bit of a con doing it like that, I agree, but it's no different to half the other stuff that Porsche insist you have on a UK-sourced car (windscreen tints is the one that comes to mind, also the tracker on the 911 and the mats on the Boxster IIRC).

In 2009 at least, there were 3 levels of warranty with the cover and claim limit dropping off with age and mileage. Even the top level for 3-5 year old cars excluded a ton of factory items (battery, clutch, exhaust, wheels...). Worth getting one thrown in when you buy from a main dealer (saved me the price of a new window motor) but not worth paying extra for, especially on a 350.

Im pretty sure the Nissan extended warranty is £70 a month, i had the renewal come through a few weeks back.

£840 a year and the claim limit might only be £1k... Why bother?

I'm only going on what the invoice said for the Cayman R that my brother bought last month, but 2 years is definitely included and the 3rd year is a non-optional option, IYSWIM. Same goes for the 3rd year of Porsche Assist too, but at least the warranty cost is significantly reduced (£660 down from the £1K). Bit of a con doing it like that, I agree, but it's no different to half the other stuff that Porsche insist you have on a UK-sourced car (windscreen tints is the one that comes to mind, also the tracker on the 911 and the mats on the Boxster IIRC).

Weird, I'll look into that - Cheers :thumbs: