WestWay M'cr/S'port Warranty Problems??

rogerxp

Has anyone had any bad experiences with either Westway Manchester or Stockport with regards to warranty claims being knocked back unfairly???

I'm not after a witch-hunt here (we all have our bad days) but have got a potentially expensive warranty claim to make and don't know which of my local dealers to approach. A small section of my roof is fraying & coming away where the passenger door window catches it when opening/closing (12 month old car, passenger door hardly used, window drops as it should).

Has anyone has any problems with warranty claims (where you felt hard done by) with these two dealers?? I knew the Sales Manager at M'cr who would have been my natural choice but he's moved to pastures new.

I may be being overly cautious here, there might not be a problem at all, but guessing the price of a new hood (assuming it could result in this), want to choose the right dealer who'll help me out with minmal fuss.

Just canvassing (there's a joke there somewhere ;) ).

I used to go to Westway Stockport.

In 07 when my zed was 2 yrs old, I took it to Stockport where I bought it new and serviced it. The rear bumper had warped slightly. The manager promised they would try and repair it but if unsuccessful source me a new one.

Alas after 3 attempts no joy.

They then denied that a new one was offered as the old manager had left and I had nothing in writing.

Not been back since so things could be ok now.

BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING OR EMAIL

Not had any dealings with Westway but I am sure I read on the US forums that Nissan had issued a TSB with regards to the potential of the window to catch the top and damage it.

I had a problem with my top fraying just above the door and WMLG got it done under warranty no problem.

I would push for a replacement top if it is starting to fray.

Good luck.