Few questions from a newbie owner

Dynamic Turtle

Right, I've only had my black 05 GT a few days and it's my first sports car. I'm an auto noob generally, having only held a license a couple of years and previously driven flea-powered FWD microwaves of Eastern European persuasion. :blush:

I'd be very grateful if you could help me out with the following questions:

1) In the centre console next to the handbrake, there appears to be a (mobile phone?) adapter type thing with a little black dongle slotted into it. Umm, what does it do and how do I use it?

2) is it easy to replace the latch on the back of the passenger seat, if it's broken? It's basically worked itself loose from its fixing

3) how can I tell if I have xenon headlights? They seem to give off a blueish hue...

Think that's it for now. Still haven't given this thing a proper hoon yet (probably shouldn't either - brand new clutch in there). Never got it higher than 3rd and the new brake pads still squeek! Looking forward to a snow-free weekend to get some miles on the car and see how it performs above 30mph! I'll probably have some ride-related questions at that point. Parking is proving to be very difficult, partly because of the terrible rear viz and the speed it goes in reverse!!!

Loving it so far though. Absolutely amazing thing...

Alright mate,

:welcome: to the forum ...

In regards to your questions:

1) The dongle in the centre console sounds like the Bluetooth dongle.. There is a manual on the forum somewhere which will explain exactly how to use it (sorry I can't find the link at the moment)

2) I can't really help you with this one .. but I'm sure someone else can/will..

3) I pretty sure that all Zeds have Xenon headlights ... However the Facelift Zeds (Post 06) come with Bi-Xenon headlights ...

:thumbs:

Oh I’ve already placed an introductory post, but extra welcomes are much appreciated ïŠ

Yes I’ve noticed a distinct “colour war†happening here on the forum! My 2 cents is that they look nice in Black, Azure and GM. The light silver is a bit…tame for an aggressive sports car IMHO. The Yellows and Reds look cool too, but I’d be worried about them affecting resale. I just happened to chance upon a black example in my price range and with the config I wanted. Any, I digress…

1) Thanks for the heads-up on the Bluetooth guide. I couldn’t remember there being phone buttons on the steering wheel before, but now I remember them. Could be a useful too – just hope the audio quality is ok.

2) Didn’t realise they were all xenon from 03-06. Thanks for clearing that up. Mine is a UK car.

Incidentally, why doesn’t the passenger side door unlock when I click the unlock button on the keyfob?

Incidentally, why doesn’t the passenger side door unlock when I click the unlock button on the keyfob?

A nissan safety feature, Depending on the age of your Zed, this feature can be cancelled

oh and roadsters wont have the phone buttons on the steering wheel, that dont have any of the phone system, Its guessed that it was too difficult for the mic to pick up voice while driving with the roof down

Welcome :welcome:

I've just got mine and it's in the GM grey (which is actually the best :p )

Mine had the bluetooth thing in it as well. What you need to do is turn the engine on and press the button on the side of the bluetooth thing in the cubby hole. When the light stops flashing try to find it with the bluetooth on your phone (it should be called something like 350z, mine was) and link up with it. You'll have to guess the code but its usually 0000 or 1234. Then make sure that your phone is given granted status on it (or auto link, or something along those lines) then everytime you get in the car it will automatically link up, you'll know this is working because PHONE will flash up on the headunit.

Also to unlock the passenger door just double click the unlock button. 1st click unlocks just drivers door, 2nd click unlocks passenger door. I found this out the hard way after months of frustration on my old Leon, oh well you live and learn :blush:

Hope this helps

Dan

1) Having driven through central London & back during rush hour, I understand why 350's might be cheap. Averaged 8mpg, and 6mph.

2) Still don't understand why these are so rare though. Been on the lookout for over a month now and still haven't seen another 350 or a 370, despite passing about a million cars on the road. Certainly seem to get lots of interested looks.

3) The car really seems to come alive in third gear, around 3000rpm. Seriously addictive catapult power!

DT