Lowsided motorcycle on ice

Demolition49

Lowsided in the ice today! :dry:

Lesson: wont be riding in cold 0 degree weather ever again :lol:

Lucky i have crash bungs on the bike... here are some pics of damage to the bike and then to myself + gear :lol:

I was wearing the following:

Alpinestars GP plus jacket - Damage Pictured Below

Sidi Vortice Boots - Damage Pictured below

RST kevlar jeans - Damage Pictured below

Shark RSR2 helmet - didnt hit the ground - no damage

Spidi Defender - No damage

RST tracktech gloves (winter version) - Damage Pictured

Not quite sure how i got grazed on my legs considering the jeans didnt actually tear up and held up pretty well.

img0038suk.th.jpg

img0025qh.th.jpg

img0015hj.th.jpg

img0036jl.th.jpg

img0037x.th.jpg

img0026jy.th.jpg

img0032be.th.jpg

img0033ih.th.jpg

img0030td.th.jpg

img0029qga.th.jpg

img0035gs.th.jpg

img0034arn.th.jpg

img0027vx.th.jpg

img0031wh.th.jpg

img0016bz.th.jpg

img0018ge.th.jpg

img0010jg.th.jpg

img0019zx.th.jpg

img0022tf.th.jpg

img0017ooc.th.jpg

img0014xo.th.jpg

img0011np.th.jpg

img0021rj.th.jpg

img0009hac.th.jpg

img0008zj.th.jpg

Glad you're not more badly hurt - I guess that's an insurance job on the bike?

Not atall, my excess is more than it costs to get all the parts on ebay!!

All i needed a couple of fairings and new crash bungs, all came up to 200 in the end :thumbs:

The pricey bit is the engine where it got scraped prob about 80 quid for that part but ive got engine casings on the way anyway so that will be covered up :thumbs:

the funny thing is i ordered knee/shin protectors to go under the jeans but they didnt arrive in time and sods law i came off :lol:

Ouch! Sorry to hear this mate but glad your ok! I have those jeans so good to see they held up without too much damage! Hope you sort the bike out without too much expense! Nice number plate too :thumbs:

Jeans did a terrific job, the padding that comes with them though is totally useless as it moves out of place soon as you come off, what you need are some stand alone strap on knee/shin armour under the jeans that wont move out of place :thumbs:

And yeah thanks it says "R6 BYE" :teeth:B)

you got a new bike? didnt it get stolen??? what tyres do you have on it?

I decided against going in on the bike friday when it was frost out, black ice is a pain... try and lean off the bike and keep the most part of the tire on the road and be carefull with power ;) glad to hear you're ok! :wave:

I decided against going in on the bike friday when it was frost out, black ice is a pain... try and lean off the bike and keep the most part of the tire on the road and be carefull with power ;) glad to hear you're ok! :wave:

thanks :) i know... im always conscious of my body position, look in to the corner and head first not, hips there but head leaning away :)

Michelin pilot power 2ct... great tyres :thumbs:

im getting a power commander PCV so that will have 2 maps, one for speed and one for winter/rain conditions... hopefully that will help too... also im getting the autotune for the PCV so it tweaks your base map according to the condtions... great idea and product imo :thumbs:

thanks :) i know... im always conscious of my body position, look in to the corner and head first not, hips there but head leaning away :)

im getting a power commander PCV so that will have 2 maps, one for speed and one for winter/rain conditions... hopefully that will help too... also im getting the autotune for the PCV so it tweaks your base map according to the condtions... great idea and product imo :thumbs:

power commander always good ;) I use BT003 and now lately rear BT016PRO, can't fault them, sticky as hell but you'll be replacing them often. I used to have pilots, good for longer commutes :thumbs:

Used to have avon storms = holy crap they're ruthless... great for loooooooooooooooong mileage but what good is that if you end up in a ditch... not sure why the heck you're not using full leathers dude. :shrug:

power commander always good ;) I use BT003 and now lately rear BT016PRO, can't fault them, sticky as hell but you'll be replacing them often. I used to have pilots, good for longer commutes :thumbs:

Used to have avon storms = holy crap they're ruthless... great for loooooooooooooooong mileage but what good is that if you end up in a ditch... not sure why the heck you're not using full leathers dude. :shrug:

Put the kevlar jeans on, was on the way to a friends, hes 5 mins away from me and kevlar jeans are fine for abrasion resistance its just impact protection you need to be concerned about ( thats why i had knee/shin guards ordered )

Also my bike did get stolen and yes i got another one :lol: - now this one has a tracker and doesn't leave my eye sight unless chained up with almax, 2 disc locks and covered!!!

These pilot powers are different, more sport orientated... softer compound on the outter edges of tyres for extra lean angle... they dont last long though :lol:

sorry to see the bike went down,

Glad it wasn't too expensive to fix up and Glad you are Ok!

I'm the same, i use Kevlar Jeans if not going too far or intending to go very fast to get there.

Then commuting i wear my textile gear, then for runs i'll put on my leathers.

I've got the same 2CT tyres as you, mine lasted for quite a while and i've just replaced them with another set as perfect for the year round commuting that i do but also very sticky when warm and on a run.

Mines in getting suspension sorted out and a nice service/brake overhaul. Had to time it with Annual leave so that i don't have to use a bus to get to work :p

Glad you're not more badly hurt - I guess that's an insurance job on the bike?

Not atall, my excess is more than it costs to get all the parts on ebay!!

All i needed a couple of fairings and new crash bungs, all came up to 200 in the end :thumbs:

The pricey bit is the engine where it got scraped prob about 80 quid for that part but ive got engine casings on the way anyway so that will be covered up :thumbs:

the funny thing is i ordered knee/shin protectors to go under the jeans but they didnt arrive in time and sods law i came off :lol:

Ouch! Sorry to hear this mate but glad your ok! I have those jeans so good to see they held up without too much damage! Hope you sort the bike out without too much expense! Nice number plate too :thumbs:

Glad you got the bike all sorted :thumbs: I have noticed the standard pads move around a fair bit what strap on protectors have you gone for?

I would love to get a full set of leathers but funds restricting me at the mo :thumbdown: so have to stick with the kevlar for now and try and make them as safe as possible!

Jeans did a terrific job, the padding that comes with them though is totally useless as it moves out of place soon as you come off, what you need are some stand alone strap on knee/shin armour under the jeans that wont move out of place :thumbs:

And yeah thanks it says "R6 BYE" :teeth:B)