Anyone had an Uprev remap recently?

ScottyZ

My car is due it's first service at the start of March so was thinking of taking it to Abbey for that and also getting it remapped to suit my Mods. Has anyone had an Uprev remap done recently and if so were you happy with results and in what ways did the performance improve?

Cheers,

Scotty

Had mine done 9 months ago now and more than happy with it. With all those breathing mods, you'll definately need one so just get it done. Mark is great to sit with and will explain everything you want to know. I just sat and watched in awe B)

Had mine done 9 months ago now and more than happy with it. With all those breathing mods, you'll definately need one so just get it done. Mark is great to sit with and will explain everything you want to know. I just sat and watched in awe B)

+1 - with those mods you should see some useful gains - maybe around 325 at the hubs ;)

But numbers simply don't reveal the linear power delivery that comes with the uprev which what you will really notice on the road :D

with those mods you should see some useful gains - maybe around 325 at the hubs ;)

Not sure I'd expect 15WHP from HFCs over exhaust/intake combos? That looks to be the only real difference between our cars. I think Kev has HFCs as well as intake/exhaust and got about 315WHP. Thats more what I'd expect. 315WHP is still over 350HP@fly which is really good :drive1

with those mods you should see some useful gains - maybe around 325 at the hubs ;)

Not sure I'd expect 15WHP from HFCs? That looks to be the only real difference between our cars. I think Kev has HFCs as well as intake/exhaust and got about 315WHP. Thats more what I'd expect. 315WHP is still over 350HP@fly which is really good :drive1

I was thinking a combination of his exhaust system and the HFC's, as well as the filters might might get that figure as Mark (Abbey) has indicated the HFC's are a must to get the full benefit , but it would interesting to find out, and you should certainly go for it Scotty :thumbs:

Personally I'm just not sure about the extra cabin noise with the HFC's and the cost of having those fitted plus an uprev to 'tune' them in and it turns out to make daily use less enjoyable is my only concern, but ...... :lol:

Yeah Mark was asking which of us would be first to get HFCs ;)

As always, headline HP isnt the only effect of HFCs. I'd expect you will get a nice bump in torque throughout the rev range, but not a massive amount top end, maybe 10HP if you are lucky. The exhaust is the real limiter of the 370z breathing wise as far as I can see.

Happy to be corrected Col - get some HFCs on ya car! :drive1

Having struggled with my exhaust vibration issue, I've decided against HFCs. From looking at US forums quite a few people report that they increase vibration (and "rasp").

Just wondering....

1) Would it be worth getting a remap with just the Stillen CBE?

2) Does a remap count as a mod for the purposes of insurance / re-sale?

:thumbs:

Having struggled with my exhaust vibration issue, I've decided against HFCs. From looking at US forums quite a few people report that they increase vibration (and "rasp").

Just wondering....

I had the exhaust done at the same time as the HFCs and found that the engine was less harsh/smoother at high revs. I'm going for the remap with Abbey Motorsport at the start of March so will be writing a bit of a review then.

You need to tell the insurance company otherwise you run the risk of your policy being voided if after a incident it has been discovered the ECU had been performance enhanced.

Yes and yes :thumbs:

Colin is best placed to tell you what a Stillen exhuast will give you (I had my intakes at the same time), but I think it gets you ~20HP and means the car doesnt run so stupidly rich, so well worth doing. Also means Mark will iron out any lumps and bumps in the stock map which makes it smoother. IIRC mine had a bit of a flat spot before the remap in the 3kRPM range which is right where I drive it. All gone now B)

• 1 month later...

Raises the rev limiter a tad, so you can rev it a bit higher, but other than that it doesnt effect the sound. You might also be able to get them to tune in some pop/bangs on over run if you wanted.

Pop bangs!?!?!? Tell me more (in newbie layman's language please!) :blush:

Raises the rev limiter a tad, so you can rev it a bit higher, but other than that it doesnt effect the sound. You might also be able to get them to tune in some pop/bangs on over run if you wanted.

You can map the car so that on overrun (off the throttle, revs dropping, low load) the car will dump a bit of fuel into the exhaust where it will ignite and give somewhere between a little pop to an almighty bang and flames. Can look quite cool, but not sure its the best for the Zed! A little popping could sound nice though. Google it, usually on Scoobies, Evos, Focus RS. Not sure how well it works on NA cars.

You can map the car so that on overrun (off the throttle, revs dropping, low load) the car will dump a bit of fuel into the exhaust where it will ignite and give somewhere between a little pop to an almighty bang and flames. Can look quite cool, but not sure its the best for the Zed! A little popping could sound nice though. Google it, usually on Scoobies, Evos, Focus RS. Not sure how well it works on NA cars.

Sounds a) scary B) fantastic!!!! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Keep your pops and bangs for your Rally reps and boost machines, big displacement just needs a deep burble.

Reading back a few posts, someone said that the HFC's (or complete de-cat) give a better rasp at a certain points in the rev range. This is good sound, I'd expect you only, or rather more notice it, on lift off and wind down as opposed to WOT redlining.

I bet HFC's are expensive on the 370's mind you.