About to buy - What do you think of this spec?

dmstewart

Hi all, just joined the forum.

I'm going to purchase a 350z very shortly (next week to two weeks). I've been looking to buy a stock GT however I've just come accross the following which has been modified and would be interested in what people think, especially if anyone see's any issues with the kit on there:

Basic Info

34000 miles, FSH, Blade Silver, GT, UK car

Engine:

Motordyne 5/16" copper iso-thermal plenum spacer

JWT induction kit

CarbonFibre radiator cooling panel

Fresh coolant

New Gates belts

Handling:

Eibach ProKit springs + rear camber arms (awesome handling, clears all speedbumps, multi-storeys, etc)

4 nearly new Bridegestone Potenza RE050A 'DZ' (Nissan uprated spec for the Z) tyres at over £200 each

Full laser 4 wheel alignment done a few months ago

Exterior:

Nismo V1-style CF-wrapped spolier (fitted with out centre bottom part - looks much better in my opinion)

Rays in good condition

5Zigen nuts with locks (gunmetal, long, open type - super light can actually feel the difference driving)

Z locking valve caps

OEM front valance CF trim

Clear front reflectors

Stubby aerial

Chrome grill strips

CF-style rear number plate surround

Interior:

Bose 7 speaker 6 disc cd system

Bluetooth OEM module

OEM vertical tonneau

OEM cargo net in boot

OEM Silver Z door sills

Z Floor mats

Nismo Titanium GT gearknob {not fitted}

Seats & oem gearknob have been fully cleaned/conditioned with LiquidLeather several times, no tears, damage, etc.

OEM horizonal torneau cover (lowers chance or thefts from boot)

Would be really grateful for any feedback good or bad.

Many thanks,

Darren

It looks like a well kitted car, with the tonneau cover etc etc.

The CF and chrome bits have the potential to look gash, although that's a subjective taste thing.

I'm dubious about the ability to notice the driving difference from lightweight wheel nuts mind :D

It looks like a well kitted car, with the tonneau cover etc etc.

The CF and chrome bits have the potential to look gash, although that's a subjective taste thing.

I'm dubious about the ability to notice the driving difference from lightweight wheel nuts mind :D

Was going to say - lightened wheel nuts are noticable on a 1500kg car?

At least if you dont like the CF etc you can take it off and sell it!

:lol: completely agree!!

The CF is interesting to say the least... I actually quite like it BUT the car is silver and the CF is black, which I think looks pretty poor. So I think I'll either remove it or get it resprayed/wrapped.

It's unsprung mass though. I still doubt you'd 'feel' it but you'd feel much smaller changes in unsprung mass.

It'd be interesting to test standard and lightweight ones back to back, I reckon the placebo effect would kick in though - my car is so much quicker when it's clean :lol: