OEM "Mudguards"

speedwell

Thanks for the links to the pics...still not sure if they look quite as good as the oem ones on a 350 tbh.

One issue I soon noticed with the 370 is that the sills/flank rear arch are more easily peppered by stones etc from the front wheels comapred to the 350. No big deal at the rear as it 'only' the underside of the bumper getting hit.

My choice in hindsight from what I have since found, would be the aftermarket sills that drop the sides vertically so that it protects the visible areas along the side from chipping ;)

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but having noticed how badly my sills are getting "stoned" I'm quite interested in a set of these. Most of the sites selling them don't seem to offer the option to choose a colour though, which is quite confusing.....would I have to get them painted?

And are they easy to fit?

If its still the case, when I got mine the OEMs one in the UK have to be painted.

So I imported mine from over the pond - pre-painted and even with shipping/taxes worked out cheaper than the unpainted OEM's. No brainer.

Cheers Colin - can you remember which supplier you got them from?

Came from here:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/370z03

But dosen't look as though your colour is listed.

You might have to buy unpainted and get ;) to spray them :shrug:

But to be frank the front ones will not stop the flanks being chipped - its is a design flaw IMO.

And to be honest the rear ones only stop the chipping on the underside of the rear bumper where you don't see it anyway, unless on your hands and knees :doh:

Best bet, in my experience, would be to get a set of aftermarket side sills that drop vertically - like these:

Amusesidefront.jpg

:cloud9: