Wanted: Iphone 4

threefiftyz

On the look out for an iphone 4, its about time to update and replace my humble nokia 6700 - & to hopefully put an end to the nice car, shite phone jokes :)

Must be in good condition, unlocked on all networks or at least tmobile, black or white I won't discriminate (althou I would prefer white)

:thumbs:

If you want a new factory unlocked one, you could shop directly at the Apple Store online.

Have considered this, £430 for the 4 or £500 for the 4s - because I'm interested in getting the 5 once launched prefer to buy a used one for cheaper, missed out on a 4 for £275 from a workmate last week :doh:

Iv one brand new but would need unlocked ( was going to do it myself next week ) , Not to sure what the value is but going from the prices above id say £350 unlocked ?

how would you unlock the phone? Jailbreak? Also what colour is it in?

Yeah as long as it hasnt changed too much from a month or so back i can unlock it via jailbreak. Its a black one.

Iv one brand new but would need unlocked ( was going to do it myself next week ) , Not to sure what the value is but going from the prices above id say £350 unlocked ?

Yeah as long as it hasnt changed too much from a month or so back i can unlock it via jailbreak. Its a black one.

not too keen on a jailbroken one, can it be factory unlocked via your network provider?

how would you unlock the phone? Jailbreak? Also what color is it in?

Yeah as long as it hasn't changed too much from a month or so back i can unlock it via jailbreak. Its a black one.

not too keen on a jail broken one, can it be factory unlocked via your network provider?

Not sure , But the jailbreak is purely software based and is a 5 min click and wait over USB , the only difference is an extra app called Cydia will be there. its all completely legal now and easily undone.

I think so but il let you know. I had mine working on 4.0.1 jailbroke updated to 5.0.1 it changed my baseband to 4.11.08 so ultrasn0w won't work. I've paid £30 on eBay for it to be unlocked by vodaphone so il see. Personally of jailbreak break it only a fool would jb their phone.

not too keen on a jailbroken one, can it be factory unlocked via your network provider?

Would never buy a phone on eBay, never know the condition it's in and it can be a right faff to get your money back even with Paypal.

Best place I use for buying electrical items is AVForums. Loads of iPhones for sale, cheaper than eBay and they'll be in the condition they're stated. Bought 2 iPhone 4's from there in the past, both been great. That's on top of a TV, selling a Mac Pro and loads of other things, nice community on there!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/iphone-c ... d-adverts/

Oh and there's a difference between jailbroken and unlocked. Jailbroken just allows non-App Store apps on the iPhone via things like Cydia. Unlocked means its unlocked to all networks. Don't go buying an iPhone that just states "JB" and expect it to work with all networks!

Would never buy a phone on eBay, never know the condition it's in and it can be a right faff to get your money back even with Paypal.

Best place I use for buying electrical items is AVForums. Loads of iPhones for sale, cheaper than eBay and they'll be in the condition they're stated. Bought 2 iPhone 4's from there in the past, both been great. That's on top of a TV, selling a Mac Pro and loads of other things, nice community on there!

Oh and there's a difference between jailbroken and unlocked. Jailbroken just allows non-App Store apps on the iPhone via things like Cydia. Unlocked means its unlocked to all networks. Don't go buying an iPhone that just states "JB" and expect it to work with all networks!

thanks for the info Toms, will check out avforums :thumbs:

re: jb&unlocked, never fancied a jb, looking for either unlocked or on tmobile

If the phone is jailbroken it is fairly simple to unlock it to all networks though :shrug:

Yes, your network provider can unlock it, as I have looked to this regarding taking my iPhone to Canada. They may charge you £20... but they can do it at the touch of a button. :thumbs:

But don't go to the "vodafone' shop as they will tell you to go to the apple shop, and the apple shop will tell you to go to the provider :bang:

Just phone the provider and job done :thumbs:

If the phone is jailbroken it is fairly simple to unlock it to all networks though :shrug:

Not if your base band gets upgraded to one that ultrasn0w cant unlock ;)