Detroit motor show Jaguar C-XF

GC350z

I know a lot are going to disagree with me on this. :pinch:

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice car and the pic below from the Detroit show really doesn't give it justice but.....

large.jpg

....when I look at it all I see is the styling of the Skyline GTR. So I picked up a copy of the current Top Gear mag which has a number of pics of the Jag in it and now I cant get it out of my head. But in my head its all GTR which makes me want the GTR even more.

Can anyone else see this or have I lost it?

From my mate at Jag (before this was posted):

"the new s-type is out at the end of the year its codenamed cf, this car really is amazing and the design makes it stand out from anything near. It will win all the car mag tests and probably get car of the year."

Looks like this might be the one he's on about, if it is and its out at the end of the year it must be looking like this????

Apparently its substanially the S-Type replacement Andy's mate referred to. However, the rakish roofline will be heightened for production to allow for some headroom. It will compete with the 5-series and E-class not coupe's or GTR's but should be pretty good as the S-Type goes well just looks sh1t. I like the styling and it's about time we had a non-retro Jag. :D