Full brake change...

coldel

...you may have noticed my recent panicking brake post - well, all is well.

HKS brakelines from Alex put on and working ok at the moment.

Black Diamond discs and pads from Cougar Store (super work on these guys thank you :thumbs: ) put on.

photo8.jpg

Thought I would give this brand a run out and so far mightily impressed - had to drive round the M25 after fitment so ample opportunity for some bedding in - at higher speed the brakes quickly improved and already started to bite hard even after just 50 miles of driving, at lower speeds still having to make sure I am aware to break a bit earlier as not so reactive still needs a bit more work to bed in - will update as the days go by and they really start to bed in.

PS, changed the gear oil for three bottles of Nissan oil and molyslip from Alex, a MUST HAVE, box is working so much better :thumbs:

Cheers for linkie Graham, had read up on all the bedding in procedures - but - was running late for my best mates 40th and I had to drive from Essex to Windsor so wasn't close to my privately owned 3 mile drag strip to do the bedding in procedure on ( ;):lol: ) so had to make do with some braking on the M25. Nipped out this morning and made good use of the Windsor relief road though, a few laps and brakes beginning to feel like they are settling down.

Alex probably has access to loads of "empty" roads up around Perth :)

Cheers for linkie Graham, had read up on all the bedding in procedures - but - was running late for my best mates 40th and I had to drive from Essex to Windsor so wasn't close to my privately owned 3 mile drag strip to do the bedding in procedure on ( ;):lol: ) so had to make do with some braking on the M25. Nipped out this morning and made good use of the Windsor relief road though, a few laps and brakes beginning to feel like they are settling down.

What was the install like? Looking at changing rotors/pads/fluid and install braided lines soon, I had a quote of £80 for fluid/lines but tempted to do it myself if it's not too difficult. Don't mind doing bits n bobs but if you do the brakes wrong it doesn't end well :lol:

What made you go for the Black Diamond over EBC?

EBC had more varied reviews online ranging from good to bad whereas I found mostly good reviews for BD. The only bad review I found was a cracked disc but it was drilled, I have gone for grooved. Also my mate who is a Subaru fanatic said they are popular with scooby owners, given speeds those cars are going at (albeit a bit lighter) sounded like a good alternative. CS sorted me out on matching discs and brakes :thumbs: time will ultimately tell but so far the stopping power even after just a few days compared to the OEM ones I had on before is markedly improved.