berks hfc and stillen y pipe

ashyk36

before the end jan i am going to purchase some berk hfcs off tarmac as they are 375 and a stillen y pipe. was just wondering how much of a difference would these make to my car sound/performance with a standard exhaust?

also between then and summer i would like to remap my car. would i havr to buy/fit anything else to do this? ive been readin about plenum spacer but is this optional?

You wont get any performance gains from the berks and Y-pipe until you do the UpRev remap.

Plenum spacer is optional, but worth the investment prior to remap.

Also worth getting an 06+ airbox with performance filter.

As Lexx said no gains without the remap,but sure does sound nice. Mine were on with a Scorpion.

The car will run a little lean until the remap. (you can smell it at 5.5 to 6 Thou rpm.)

But I've now gone 'quiet' in my new toy. :teeth:

You need to do some reading and searching of the forums for these kinda of questions. They have been answered 100 times over.

The standard OEM airbox is more effective at delivering cold air into the engine than pop-chargers which suffer from heat soak.

Pop charges are for looks and sound only, not for performance.

Can any thing bad happen by running lean?

Don't know, mine were on for about 5/600 mile but removed and car sold before I got arround to the remap.

@ChrisS im sure the urge will come back soon :p

Stearing towards the Stillen for her. (but Colin and Chris have them,so that would be a third member of the team with one :blush: )

Don't know, mine were on for about 5/600 mile but removed and car sold before I got arround to the remap.

Stearing towards the Stillen for her. (but Colin and Chris have them,so that would be a third member of the team with one :blush: )

I've told you Berks n Invidia Gemini with titanium tips will look awesome on a silver B)

I've told you Berks n Invidia Gemini with titanium tips will look awesome on a silver B)

lollll.. you've got too try havehavent you :p

• 2 weeks later...

God this is really getting like " the old boys club " :lol:;)