Vandals! Rear wiper arm :(

chrisgunton

At 3am last night I came back to my car last night to find some upstanding member of the puplic had kindly pulled the rear wiper arm about 2ft away from the glass. Apart from etching "SC" in the ice on the windscreen nothing else has been touched thankfully.

On the floor by the car I found the plastic hinge cover and spring.

Ive tried putting the spring back on the arm but either the spring needs to be pulled about 3" longer or I have another part missing. Anyone got any photos or exploded diagram of the wiper arm?

Throughly pi**ed off, but grateful nothing else was damaged.

Sorry to hear that fella, would be so unbelievably hacked off. Where was your car left?

It was left in a decent well lit car park, with other cars around it. Wish I'd taken a photo now before bending the wiper arm back down.

Nothing appears broken despite it being bent so far back. But I still need to know if there is just the spring under the arm or if there should be another piece between the hook of the spring and the bar on the wiper arm.

Can anyone slide a mirror under theirs to look for me?

I'd rather not remove the wiper arm - personal preference! If I do remove it it will be because I want to, but because some scumbag breaks it!

You, sir, are a god damn legend!

Thank you!

Annoyingly it looks like im missing the little metal hook that goes between the hinge and spring. Tempting to go back to the carpark and look for it.

I doubt any of the traders here will be able to help.

Thank you again. Really appreciated!

You, sir, are a god damn legend!

Thank you!

Annoyingly it looks like im missing the little metal hook that goes between the hinge and spring. Tempting to go back to the carpark and look for it.

I doubt any of the traders here will be able to help.

Thank you again. Really appreciated!

Your welcome, it would be worth :pmzmanalex: , you never know what he has lying about :thumbs:

or as you say go back to the car park :shrug: