How long is it going to take me?

WWTC

Im picking my car up from stansted on saturday, its not that far away, live in glasgow :wacko:

So basically, my flight gets in around 8:30, planning on leaving around 9:30, i reckon its around 370miles. So how long we talkin???

Im picking my car up from stansted on saturday, its not that far away, live in glasgow :wacko:

So basically, my flight gets in around 8:30, planning on leaving around 9:30, i reckon its around 370miles. So how long we talkin???

I used this marvellous new technology called goole maps:

6 and a half hours it reckons!

You actually go by google maps?

Your from glasgow? Try glasgow to edinburgh in google maps, that how long it takes you????

Now multiply that error by, say, 10!

Your from glasgow? Try glasgow to edinburgh in google maps, that how long it takes you????

I am from the Glasgow area, yeah. Google maps says from the centre go Glasgow to the centre of Edinburgh it would take an hour on the button. I think given the heavier traffic in both city centres an hour is about spot on.

I am from the Glasgow area, yeah. Google maps says from the centre go Glasgow to the centre of Edinburgh it would take an hour on the button. I think given the heavier traffic in both city centres an hour is about spot on.

Thats a fair point actually mate :thumbs:

Although i do think, with a bit of luck ofcourse, you can travel a bit quicker than google suggests! Knowing my luck, i'll be a bit slower. Im hoping for 7 hours if im honest.

You going with google yourself on this one? 6 1/2 hours?

Thats a fair point actually mate :thumbs:

Although i do think, with a bit of luck ofcourse, you can travel a bit quicker than google suggests! Knowing my luck, i'll be a bit slower. Im hoping for 7 hours if im honest.

You going with google yourself on this one? 6 1/2 hours?

depends which route you take, i drove mine back from edinbugh to suffolk.

there are 2 main routes. up the M6 or up the A1 both are similiar distances but the M6 route is a lot quicker...but the A1 is a far more interesting drive, if you do the A1 route add another 1,5 hours.

depends which route you take, i drove mine back from edinbugh to suffolk.

there are 2 main routes. up the M6 or up the A1 both are similiar distances but the M6 route is a lot quicker...but the A1 is a far more interesting drive, if you do the A1 route add another 1,5 hours.