Car bodywork courses - paint based

Jak

Hi Guys,

Bit of a random one, what do you think the best way of being able to learn how to paint cars etc, with the possibilty of taking these skills into a paid profession - are there recognised qualifications etc, or would trying to find some form of apprenticeship (sp?) be the best approach?

This is purely research at the moment, but has sprung from the fact that I seem to be finding it pretty tough going to find a job where I can use my Degree in Marketing and really want to get a proper career going. I've not ruled Marketing/PR/Events out by any meens, but thought it'd be worth just seeing what other opportunities may be out there :)

:thumbs:

Jak

I know someone who got an apprenticeship with BMW as a paint sprayer...... he ended up getting a Chemistry degree (paid for by BMW) and now he is one of the top paint mixers for them B)

so yes, I would say apprenticeship would be the best route :thumbs:

My girlfriend works for Babcock Training delivering NVQ's to gym instructors/personal trainers but they also do courses in all sorts of things including Automotive bodywork/spraying and dependant on your age you could get it all payed for. If your interested then do some research on the Babcock International website under Training apprenticeships. or send me your details via pm and I'll pass it to my girlfriend and she can phone you and chat about it.

Tads :)

Chris 'L - I'll send you a PM :) Based in Buckinghamshire, so not all that far :thumbs:

rt - Thanks, have had a look there already, application is in progress, havnt looked in terms of paint though so may have another look on that front too :D

Thanks again for advice/help everyone!