Passenger window auto drop

Mega

Hi Guys,

Another day another 350z gremlin :p

Problem I have is the window doesnt auto drop when the door opens?

I think this is a long standing issue with the car.. going back to long before the motor was replaced by the dealer I bought the car from.

There are one or two little chips in the glass synonymous with it being slammed into metal.

I try and remember to drop it slightly before a passenger uses it. But I fear the worst happening.

Is this another common one? Any ideas?

...... :dry: Expect imminent "my door card is broken" topic

:lol:

Im a spaz (and I go mean proper 'special') and I managed it. Its not a 10 min job but so long as you take your time you'll be alright. The vents were the trickiest bit.

I got in a right mess with it and ended up disconnecting the battery to reset it (after I initally reset it the window would drop back to half way!!!!! :lol: )

...... :dry: Expect imminent "my door card is broken" topic

:lol:

Im a spaz (and I go mean proper 'special') and I managed it. Its not a 10 min job but so long as you take your time you'll be alright. The vents were the trickiest bit.

I got in a right mess with it and ended up disconnecting the battery to reset it (after I initally reset it the window would drop back to half way!!!!! :lol: )

I'm hoping to do the reset this weekend, the spaz comment has given me an extra dose of confidence - cheers Ricey :thumbs:

Might even get around to doing the Bose speaker / MP3 modification if I pull my finger out....

Thanks Mike, I think i've sussed it. I tried the reset procedure with the door closed and the window went up thankfully :yahoo:

It makes sense I guess, so that the autodrop can be programmed but the guide I used wasn't clear on it. I'm off for a celebratory rum and coke or 5 now :teeth:

Thanks Mike, I think i've sussed it. I tried the reset procedure with the door closed and the window went up thankfully :yahoo:

It makes sense I guess, so that the autodrop can be programmed but the guide I used wasn't clear on it. I'm off for a celebratory rum and coke or 5 now :teeth:

I went out to check that the window was auto-dropping today and I was pleased that it was dropping then closing, albeit a bit too much at about 20-30mm. But after opening the door from inside the auto-drop stopped working again. Is this likely to be a failing motor?