Will this work wih a European Bose system too?

ir_fuel

?

How can it be harder to replace a UK bose than a US bose if it is for swapping it with another unit? Isnt it the same principle?

I'm only saying what the guy (old member on the old forum, now sold the Z iirc) told me when I met him. He said he got a US bose to work on his Z but it hadn't been easy. Not a straight swap. IIRC he got it for the same reason as you, for an mp3 (or was it a hard drive) connection.

Ah ok, replacing the UK with the US one.

Well wont do that, i guess i ll just replace it with a radio with ipod support.

Btw the double-to-single-din thingy you need to put the radio, is that different for 2006 models because of the design changes in the interiour?

I've been looking at this too. This line about the CD6 button from the site has me well confused...

The Nissan/Infiniti radio MUST have a 12-pin Changer connector on the back of the radio AND the "CD" or "CD/CHG" button on the face. The USA Spec adapter works by emulating the trunk CD changer. [note]

I've been waiting for a free weekend when I can have a look at the back of the head unit to find out if there's a connector on the European unit. Surely they didn't make a different head unit for each continent?! :wacko:

If this doesn't work I reckon the Dension ICE Link FM is the next best thing. (Fitting one is covered in the guides section.)

My system is the Bose one too, the only issue I have with it is the skipping on a cold morning so I'm also after options that don't require a full replacement.

same here m8

i get skipping and more skipping... just want the ipod connected

only problem I see with the ice link FM is in the name... FM radio signal. granted it is directly to the arial however I'm still dubious of fm transmitters, I tried one that was meant to be the best (kensington £50 worth) and it sucked

same here m8

i get skipping and more skipping... just want the ipod connected

only problem I see with the ice link FM is in the name... FM radio signal. granted it is directly to the arial however I'm still dubious of fm transmitters, I tried one that was meant to be the best (kensington £50 worth) and it sucked

i think bose must be an austrailian company and the units are assembled by kangeroos with all the skipping they do :teeth: ..............