Recommendations for removing fine scratches...

cerealuk

If they are very, very fine scratches, ie, if your fingernail doesn't catch on them, then I'd try a good quality Pre-wax, swirl remover, then wax, should cover a multitude of sins. My favourite products are Turbo Wax.

http://www.turbowax.com/cat/swirl-remover/

Really important to use clean cloths when you apply the steps, allowing noted time to cure, before removing, and ensure that you don't apply or remove products in a swirling motion, :surrender: straight lines either up or down, and gently.

T cut is definitely a no no :scare: Bronzees comments are correct and if it fails try using a DA machine if you have access to one and know how to use it. Combine that with mequiars ultimate compound. Most people use swirl X etc but they are not really up to the job, however you can use the ultimate compound by hand, just a bit more muscle power required.

Depending if you want to fix it or make them disappear.....

The likes of Auto Glym Super Resin Polish - most people have a bottle of it lying about - can be used to remove a lottle of the scratches and then will fill the rest.

It's easy to use and does work well.

I noticed today that i have some very fine scratches on the rear arch of my zed.. they are very fine and I can only see them if I look very closely. Just wondering what is the recommended way to try and polish them out?

Is T-Cut a no no ?

I have given a simple solution above but how much detailing experience do you have and what products do you have to hand?

Just to make sure you get a solution that suits you.

I noticed today that i have some very fine scratches on the rear arch of my zed.. they are very fine and I can only see them if I look very closely. Just wondering what is the recommended way to try and polish them out?

Is T-Cut a no no ?

I have given a simple solution above but how much detailing experience do you have and what products do you have to hand?

I would rate myself at somewhere between noob and total noob :lol:

I have some autogleen polish at my disposal but don't mind going out to buy additional bits if required

Is T-Cut a no no ?

I have some autogleen polish at my disposal but don't mind going out to buy additional bits if required

Try that first bud. It's amazing the difference it can make.

If it doesn't work, come back and ask for further advice. Where are you? You might just end up getting a kind member offering to help. :)

Is T-Cut a no no ?

I can confirm he is a noob...past his car the other day and i think if he leaves it dirty you wont notice the scratches :lol::lol::lol:

Is T-Cut a no no ?

I can confirm he is a noob...past his car the other day and i think if he leaves it dirty you wont notice the scratches :lol::lol::lol:

Haha yes it is in desperate need of some love :-( I plan to put this right next week :-)

It is possible to deal to scratches or the like, even by hand if you use good technique, products & clean cloths. Here's a car I detailed a few years back, was a shocker before!!

You can't turn a pig's ear into a silk purse, but it was way better after.

Before:

P1000060bonnet.jpg

VZRSwirls09Mar2008.jpg

After:

VZRroofref09Mar2008.jpg