Brilliant...

coldel

That young person's language is fowl and he was a cheeky wee sod.

However what we do not see is the lead up to him being rude. The filming starts once the altercation is in full flow.

He purchased two single tickets as the cheapest way of doing his journey and he was issued two for the same journey instead of one for each way. Had the conductor - who was supposedly trained in dealing with challenging situations - stopped to look at said tickets he might have realised that this was not the kid's mistake. If he had perhaps adjusted his aggressive body language and not belittled the young person from the start this would not have escalated the way it did. I think perhaps he may well have dealt with an adult in a suit a lot differently and not just automatically assumed they were fare dodging.

The bloke who ‘intervened’ also would not have got involved if this was an adult and it is unlikely he would have dared lay hands on an adult and throw them onto the platform in the manner he did.

Don’t get me wrong here this young person did not react well – but why does that justify what is effectively assault? If that ‘big man’ had done that to an adult he would most definitely be charged.

I hope he is - or perhaps he should be subject to the new favourite 'punishment' restorative justice whereby he has to apologise to the young person :lol:

Go on then let the flamage commence :p

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That young person's language is fowl and he was a cheeky wee sod.

However what we do not see is the lead up to him being rude. The filming starts once the altercation is in full flow.

He purchased two single tickets as the cheapest way of doing his journey and he was issued two for the same journey instead of one for each way. Had the conductor - who was supposedly trained in dealing with challenging situations - stopped to look at said tickets he might have realised that this was not the kid's mistake. If he had perhaps adjusted his aggressive body language and not belittled the young person from the start this would not have escalated the way it did. I think perhaps he may well have dealt with an adult in a suit a lot differently and not just automatically assumed they were fare dodging.

The bloke who ‘intervened’ also would not have got involved if this was an adult and it is unlikely he would have dared lay hands on an adult and throw them onto the platform in the manner he did.

Don’t get me wrong here this young person did not react well – but why does that justify what is effectively assault? If that ‘big man’ had done that to an adult he would most definitely be charged.

I hope he is - or perhaps he should be subject to the new favourite 'punishment' restorative justice whereby he has to apologise to the young person :lol:

Go on then let the flamage commence :p

I think you raise a good point. None of us saw the lead up to it so I for one feel I may well be very wrong in jumping to the conclusions that the boy was a jumped up little sh*t.

I should know to have all the facts before forming an opinion and also thinking along the lines of innocent until proven guilty.

The young guys attitude stinks but as you say, we haven't seen the run up to that, he might have started out perfectly civil.