*scared to ask* Tyres - have I got it right

ds2000

Thanks for all your honesty guys, very much appreciated :)

I am always quite happy to spend on good tyres but obviously don't want to be best over a barrel for tyres that I'm not going to be using to their full potential, there is just no point.

Its funny you saying that with the 040's, the most fun I've ever had on track I had 4 different hard as nails terrible in the wet tyres on my old track prelude, one hot sunny castle combe day and the blighters came to life and were absolutely superb! :)

You can still get mpsII's if you shop around.

Best tyre in all conditions :thumbs:

Just put p zeros on mine though as they were half the price!!!

I had p zero rosso's found them really bad in the wet and they were anything but progressive. Seemed to just snap and lose grip.

452s do not have good grip, they have average grip at best. Feel is also limited due to the sloppy sidewalls. They are the budget tyre for the Zed, and a good choice only if you cannot afford a performance tyre.

Vredesteins have better grip, but where they excel is feel and this makes pushing on a pleasure. I love these on a Zed, especially in the winter.

PS2s have incredible grip and feel but are being phased out in place of the Pilot Super Sport. These are longer lasting than the PS2 and have better wet AND dry grip, so in short if you were considering the PS2s then the PSS really should be the only ones you should go for. Utterly, utterly wonderful tyres.

RE050As are also pretty good (better grip than the VUS but not as good as the Michelin) but considering how close they are to the PSS in cost, I'd spend the little bit extra and get the Michelins.

Exactly as above mate. One more thing 050s are longer lasting than all.