350z Service

rabster

HEy all sorry i not been around had some things going on :console:

anyway i have tucked the car away for the winter and im planning on giving it a bit of TLC whilst she is off the road, will post the other items in different areas.

So anyway enough rambling, im hoping to do the service on the Zed

Its an O5 GT4 car so its now 6years old according to the service schedule it should be a

P2 service (plus brake fluid change plus coolant change as extra service items at additional cost)

I normally get all my Oils from Opie oils what would people recommend

Plugs i see ZMANALEX is the person to talk to which plugs are best ?

any other items i should consider ?

• 7 months later...

OK so i think its time i did the service as the sun is out a bit now (bet it starts raining now i said that) car has just coming upto or just over the 40k mark i did look earlier but forgot now (drink hasn't helped lol)

Anyway here is the list

Engine Oil

1 x Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic Engine Oil-5 Litres

2 x Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic Engine Oil-1 Litre

Gearbox & Diff Oil

5 x Fuchs Titan Race SYN 5 75W-90 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil (was Silkolene SYN 5 75w-90)-1 Litre

Brake's

2 x Fuchs Titan Racing Brake Fluid (Pro Race Brake Fluid)-500ml

Parts from Alex

Plugs

Belts

New Brake Hoses

cabin filter

If im doing all the fluids is it worth upgrading my hoses to silicone ones whilst im at it ?

what are your view on the above i got most the recommendation from Opie Oils and been advised that this is the fluid amount needed for the above, this is the 1st time i have done a service on the 350z i have atrusted garage who will do it for labour only etc so gonna get the service Geometry and MOT all in at the same time

any other suggestions.......

Cheers

I think it's normally 5w30 oil that is used and I'd just buy a couple of 5l bottles as the 1l can be expensive for the amount you get. I think the capacity is just less than 5l but you'll probably want some back for topping up.

Gearbox and diff oil I'd get the Nissan stuff from ZmanAlex, with some molyslip if the gearbox is stiff/ notchy.

I think it's normally 5w30 oil that is used and I'd just buy a couple of 5l bottles as the 1l can be expensive for the amount you get. I think the capacity is just less than 5l but you'll probably want some back for topping up.

Gearbox and diff oil I'd get the Nissan stuff from ZmanAlex, with some molyslip if the gearbox is stiff/ notchy.

+1 on both accounts, Genuine fluids from nissan as aftermarket stuff has proven to cause problems (+1 on molyslip additive also)

Correct engine oil is 5w30 fully synthetic also

:thumbs:

+1 on both accounts, Genuine fluids from nissan as aftermarket stuff has proven to cause problems (+1 on molyslip additive also)

Correct engine oil is 5w30 fully synthetic also

:thumbs:

+1 on getting genuine fluids :thumbs: and I always used 5w30 :D

OK All parts have just been ordered from Alex Many thanks

So im now going to plan on swapping the hoses in the bay for better ones like samco hoses etc or maybe viper performance where is the best place to get discount from suppliers would be great to lol but if not such is life?

other parts im thinking about getting are

Oil Catch Can

Radiator Cooling Plate

any suggestion on places to get them from ?