Both 12v adapters died simultaneously?

Mega

Hi chaps.

So I'm not getting power from either the 12v behind me or the one by the passengers feet.

"coincidentally" this happened after a garage replaced the passenger side window motor. Not that I can prove it.

Logic would dictate that they've spiked something - so I imagine this is just a fuse. But I don't even know where the internal fuse box is ?? :)

Or could it be something else?

Any advice appreciated :bangin:

do you ever use in car chargers which plug into the cigar lighters?

for a sat nav? phone charger? handsfree kit?

I do. It worked before the car went to a garage: And now doesn't. Replaced the charger; that also doesn't work. Cue realising its the 12v sockets...

D'oh.

But. Erm. Is this not obvious? Is this not the main point of the 12v points? To actually use them? :D

Or am I missing something.

mega - the trouble is with all these plug ins is that they are oversized to ensure they dont fall out, what happens is that when you push it in the two prongs in the cigar lighter are pushed outwards and sometimes short out on another part of the cigar lighter, this of course blowing your fuse.

if you look down there you will see the prongs will be sat flush, when in actual fact they should stick out very slightly to make connection for the cigar lighter insert when you wish to light a cigarette. you can do this with a plastic trim tool, just bend them back slightly and then replace the fuse and it will be working all good again.

the cigar lighter is actually designed for that reason, all these plug ins we buy are 'extras' that go beyond the intended purpose of the socket.

i see this problem day in day out its a bloody pain in the **** but at least its easily resolved