Austin Mini advice - any owners?

Cragus

Ive always had classic minis and a few NEW minis too, check all the usual places for rust - round the headlights, sills, floor panels, battery box (in the boot).

In fact this http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Buying-and-owning-a-classic-icon_W0QQugidZ10000000008460604 guide pretty much covers all the points I was going to cover!

Parts are plentiful and reasonably cheap, car is easy to work on and everyone loves a mini :lol:

Good luck , any more questions PM me :thumbs:

Are you getting the trailer too?? Is it a P&L conversion?? They used to make those trailers and do fancy paintwork. Check their site out http://www.plmini.com/stlt.htm

She will love it bud. Fantastic little cars.

Things to look out for would be the old tin worm (rust). Classics are notorious for it. Worst places are boot pan, floor, door bottoms and subframes. Rear subs more than front. So get down on the floor and give it a good poke (oooo err). The mini suffers from bad earthing problems, so check all the straps in the engine bay and boot.

If your looking to do any engine mods for power then I suggest going for an older one with an A series engine. If not the more modern classics (1995ish) have mpi engines, 1.3 usually. They have enough power and are more reliable than the older models.

Lastly I would do some serious research into the car you are buying, like you would any other. A lot of minis have been rebuilt from scratch. So check the vin plates match the log, as some will have been 'altered' to get cheaper tax.

I think that's everything.

Anymore questions, just drop me a PM

Cheers Woody :thumbs: