Smoked by a BMW 650!!!!

Digsy

He got the drop on me coming down a sliproad but I was still a bit shocked by how much faster it was. According to the figures he's got almost 90 bhp on me but almost 200 kilos too. It won't stop me having another go when I see him again..... B)

He got the drop on me coming down a sliproad but I was still a bit shocked by how much faster it was. According to the figures he's got almost 90 bhp on me but almost 200 kilos too. It won't stop me having another go when I see him again..... B)

just think how much more he spent though ;) to look like a dogs dinner to boot

Only 90 bhp extra? :surrender:

IMHO it looked pretty cool. Black and very clean. Zed looked better though! B)

IMHO it looked pretty cool. Black and very clean. Zed looked better though! B)

:thumbs:

Guest prescience

Thats about 33% more power and about 12% more weight - so makes sense :thumbs:

had a race with a non-sti scooby, the latest model , from standstill while it was raining, comfortably out accelerated him up to about 80 , but i thought they were quicker :wacko:

They might be but they have to be driven quicker! :teeth:

:yahoo::yahoo::thumbs:

Don't pay too much attention to bhp, it's torque that pulls. The Zed has about 260 lb/ft and the 650 360 lb/ft, that's roughly 40% more. Couple this with the fact that the BMW produces it's max torque at 3400 rpm as apposed to a Zed which is about 5000 rpm I think. We do seem to spend too much time looking at bhp IMHO.

As for weight. The Zed is heavy really at 1545 kg, whereas the BMW is a light car for it's size at 1700 kg. This means it's only carrying 10% more weight than a Zed, with 40% more torque and if you must 33% more bhp.

I can assure you all that the BMW is quite considerably quicker than a Zed and no it wasn't me. Unfortunately I'm stuck in London at the mo.

... says the master of kitsch B)

... says the master of kitsch B)

no spacers on my wheels though ;)

Don't pay too much attention to bhp, it's torque that pulls. The Zed has about 260 lb/ft and the 650 360 lb/ft, that's roughly 40% more. Couple this with the fact that the BMW produces it's max torque at 3400 rpm as apposed to a Zed which is about 5000 rpm I think. We do seem to spend too much time looking at bhp IMHO.

As for weight. The Zed is heavy really at 1545 kg, whereas the BMW is a light car for it's size at 1700 kg. This means it's only carrying 10% more weight than a Zed, with 40% more torque and if you must 33% more bhp.

I can assure you all that the BMW is quite considerably quicker than a Zed and no it wasn't me. Unfortunately I'm stuck in London at the mo.

:ban:

:ban:

Weird...Guy raced me last night in a 750 V12, I had to lift off...i was behind. Private reg, no idea year of manufacture, looked like a late 90s model.

Ross