Crash repairers in Essex area

PeteDench

Evening guys,

so then, one of my best mates managed to reverse in to the rear quarter of my car... excellent news

i have tried to upload some pictures of the damage from my iphone, but the site doesnt seem to want to let me?

anyway the damage is limited to scuffing at the bottom left of the rear bumber, no major surgery required i have been told. the only other piece of damage is whats seems to be causing the issue. the rear left quarter nder the rear light has been pushed in. it has formed a kinf of rectangular dent about 10cm long and 5cm high, the paint has not been damaged.

i have had a quote that made me fall off of my chair from somebody i was told was good

Question 1. how much do people think the repair bill should be (appreciate this is difficult without pictures)

Question 2. does anybody know of anyone good in my area?

Any help very much appreciated

Pete

essex is a large area, some specifics might help.

if you're near braintree then braintree accident and repair are meant to be good, used to live that way and they were the people that a lot of the autofactors reccomended. not the cheapest, but did a spot on job.

as for cost; without seeing the damage its hard to guess.

what colour is the car? some colours are easier to blend than others.

my guess is it will be a respray of what ever panel its on. guide price is a rear or front bumper is around £250-£400 depending on company.

thanks for your help. :)

i live in Colchester, and the car is GM Grey.

i will get a couple of quotes then i guess. first quote was £500, seemed a lot but from what has been said its probably not to unreasonable

Thanks again

if your in colchester i would reccomend a vist to martlesham near me, the bodyshop i use is there and they are brilliant. they did my bodykit on the zed, and they also have a mechanical section who do all the servicing and mod work on my cars etc.

give them a ring and book a time to pop in for them to check it. ipswich accident and repair centre have been faultless. and only 30 mins from you.

http://www.ipswichaccidentrepaircentre.co.uk/

always welcome to pop in for a coffee as i'm round the corner from them

I had exactly the same damage to mine last year. I had quotes from £350 to over a grand. I decided to go with a £600 quote in the end. The chap did a great job and I felt the others would just do a cheap job - even the one for a grand!

Not in Essex though.

Sollis Panelcraft. I've had work done there and I just picked up a Temper Orange car from them this week which had some work done to it, and the colour match was perfect. Everyone knows how hard TO is to match, so this was a spectacular job. I wouldn't go anywhere else, regardless of distance.

Go to the Harlow branch, that's their big unit and the top man works, really friendly guy. :thumbs: