Help, Metal grinding noise...

Ardesco

Just started the Z up at the station on the way home and it made the most god awful screeching metal on metal sound. Was fine to drive whilst in gear but every time I put the clutch down there is a nasty screeching metal on metal sound and my oil pressure drops.

Does anybody have any ideas?

If I boot it a bit in gear the clutch is not slipping at all and it seems fine apart from when the clutch is depressed. Slightly worried atm...

Just started the Z up at the station on the way home and it made the most god awful screeching metal on metal sound. Was fine to drive whilst in gear but every time I put the clutch down there is a nasty screeching metal on metal sound and my oil pressure drops.

Does anybody have any ideas?

If I boot it a bit in gear the clutch is not slipping at all and it seems fine apart from when the clutch is depressed. Slightly worried atm...

as the others say ^^^, but I trust the oil pressure drop simply reflects the engine revs dropping? If not, and aside from the clutch failure, get the oil pressure checked before using it further.

Dave you missed a word out mate. IN-sensitive it should have read. Hairdresser indeed...... :wacko:

Thrust plate or bearing I would assume. :scare:

While your looking for a clutch, just do the honourable thing and :pmzmanalex:

And get a lightened flywheel while you're at it :)

I :cloud9: my lightened flywheel...

Noisy as f*** but oh my if it sensitive.... bit like me :blush:

• 5 weeks later...

Reminded today that I never actually posted to confirm what it was.

It was a clutch thrust bearing (or a clutch release bearing). The part itself wasn't too bad, unfortunatly the clutch has to come off to get at it. :(

My clutch was fine, I was told to try and not ride the clutch so much with my daily driving to stop it from happening again.

Had mine done at Advanced Motorsport and Engineering in Silverstone and they did a top job.