Need help ( import duty

leodspider

Hey guys, right some might remember im planning to buy an exhaust. i have found two, one is the gemini true dual + hfc from tarmac http://www.assaultech.com/exotic_speed/ ... 65468.aspx. The thing is im trying to work out how much itll cost in total when its landed the guy said itll be 1300$ shipped to the uk, and if thats right it means ill be paying £733 (at current rates) for the exhaust alone then say shipping and insurance say £150. Using the import duty calculator does that mean my final payment overall is about £1079.35. or have i missed something out ???

thanks leo

yeah the calculator said that total for item, tax and vat. The guy said hell lower the value of the item, will this help in anyway ?

it has been a few years since i imported anything from the states but most new car parts attract 21-22% import duty +vat +handling fee

there are a few exceptions - if the parts are sent as

1. warranty return items

2. samples - no commercial value

3. gift with a value of no more than £36

then they will not attrace duty / import tax

commercial samples or warranty returns are the best i have found :D

I am in no way condoning evading C&E or paying taxes. B)

Hey guys, right some might remember im planning to buy an exhaust. i have found two, one is the gemini true dual + hfc from tarmac http://www.assaultech.com/exotic_speed/ ... 65468.aspx. The thing is im trying to work out how much itll cost in total when its landed the guy said itll be 1300$ shipped to the uk, and if thats right it means ill be paying £733 (at current rates) for the exhaust alone then say shipping and insurance say £150. Using the import duty calculator does that mean my final payment overall is about £1079.35. or have i missed something out ???

thanks leo

Sounds about right mate