Just put my Zed up for sale, looking at an Audi A4

chrisgunton

The Audi A4`s are cracking cars. If your after the diesel one, they are very economical. The early 1.9`s were a bit noisey, but he PD ones which came out in 2001 onwards were cracking. Nice and responsive, quiet, smooth and you could get into the 60mpg`s with them. When they facelifted the a4 they added the 2.0 diesel engine which is slightly different - same as in the mk5 golfs, but still good.

The a4`s hold their value well, and a lot of them are ex lease / company cars, so you`ll find a lot have 100k on the clock. But, thats nothing, they will just go and go. No major problems, just make sure the cambelt has been changed as per schedule.

I looked at quite a few of them a few years back and the only problem I has was there really were so many to choose from. In the end I went for a VW Golf instead as you got a lot higher spec for the same cash as an Audi.

After a bit of thinking, an A3 would probably be more suitable for me.

I decided the same in the end! In actual fact, I started off looking at a4`s, then a3`s, then seat leons and then VW Golfs! Ended up with the golf as you got much better spec for your money and they are all essentially the same car / same mechanics.

I've had 2 of the 1.9 tdi vw bora. The engines are pretty bullet proof and really do pull well for the size. My old man had a 2l fsi A4 quatro which I was really impressed with. For your hard earned money I'd agree you'll prob get a nicer vw I'd say.

My z had to go to finance the dream! (yea right, that worked out @*!#!) bought a 97 vw passat for £700 in really good condition. It had 185'000 miles on it then and I've done another 10,000 already. Worked it out at 62mpg average and that's mainly motorway cruising. I believe the car is based on the old A4 chassis/engine anyway, so could be worth a look? Found them to be cheaper than a similar spec/condition Audi.

Cookie

After a bit of thinking, an A3 would probably be more suitable for me.

Love the A1s but they are way out of my price range at the moment!

I would definitely stay away from the diesel A1s mate, had a brand new one as a courtesy car when my old A3 was in at Cambridge Audi and they're the worst kind of diesel engine, all the power in a tiny band between about 3-3.5k at the top of the rev range and soul-destroying lack of torque everywhere else, properly hated it and i only had it 2 days. A3 FTW :thumbs:

DB

This has to be a scam!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 421349856/

I emailed the seller, and got this response.

Hello,

I still got the 2006/56 AUDI A3 SPORT 170BHP TDI for sale at the price of £2500. The car is in excellent condition, garage kept and accident free. The mileage is real and I never had any problems with the engine. The car looks and works just perfect. I bought it from UK and it is still registered here. We live in the Northern part of United Kingdom, in a beautiful sea-side city called Thurso.

We are a nice couple of pensioners (I have 64 and my beloved wife is 63 years old) and don't use the car so often. We love to spend our time on the road but now we use to travel by plane, so a car is no more useful for us. Also we sold our house and bought a big farm here in Thurso. If you are really interested we are ready to make a trip to England and meet you personally. You can take the car for a test-drive and any kind of inspection.

Please tell us where do you live? I am sure that we will find a nice city in England to arrange a meeting, a region acceptable for us and for you in the same time. We have the faith that this can be a good deal!

P.S. I appreciate if we can continue our conversation by e-mail. The mobile signal is poor here, we have to walk over 2 miles for a good phone call.

Thank you and let me know,

Mitch

I'm in the south east, as far away from the car as possible. Anyone in Thurso wanna go kick a tyre? lol

sounds like a scam dude, had a few triers the same when looking for my Zed. Ask them for a land line number you can phone them on at a certain time and watch the excuses start rolling in... Or ask them for the postcode where the car is as you 'have a friend in Thurso who wants to check the car over first' and again wait for the excuses!

There are a few 4wd vws about, usually tagged 4motion I think, there aren't that common in NI in fact when I do see them it's usually an unmarked cop car! I'm sure there's more about on the mainland tho. And of course there is the r32 :D