Drag or Track Racing

Oggy

was just wondering wot u guys prefer to do with ur Z's

take them to a track day or a drag strip?

i prefer the track just cause thers more skill involved in it and its better fun plus it shows u who really can drive as any tom,dick or harry can drive in a straight line

plus the 350 has the a good track setup with bein front mounted engine and RWD :yahoo:

since you lot all diss drag-racing, let's see how fast you really are (and how good you are at launching your Z...) on the dragstrip. :evil:

I'll challenge any of you :p (not because I think I'm fast, just to show that's not as easy as you think)

Its not easy at all, controlling the lack of spin and doing a proper launch is the hardest thing you can do in my opinion

since you lot all diss drag-racing, let's see how fast you really are (and how good you are at launching your Z...) on the dragstrip. :evil:

I'll challenge any of you :p (not because I think I'm fast, just to show that's not as easy as you think)

Its not easy at all, controlling the lack of spin and doing a proper launch is the hardest thing you can do in my opinion

doing standing start sprints is the surest way to bollox a car :blush:

zed is built for track not strip, would be embarrassed by a stripped out 105. Also the strip is fun if you are along side mates giving it johnny big cahonies, but other than that after a few runs its kind of pah.

Kev, fancy shakespears as its a better day over all than the pod in terms of strip time... and its cheap which is really why I like it ;)

zed is built for track not strip, would be embarrassed by a stripped out 105. Also the strip is fun if you are along side mates giving it johnny big cahonies, but other than that after a few runs its kind of pah.

Kev, fancy shakespears as its a better day over all than the pod in terms of strip time... and its cheap which is really why I like it ;)

Yea open to advice. I've never done a drag day but would like to see what the Cossie would do. When you launch it's all wheel spin and no action though but would be fun. Bit worried though on the rear diff as these can go pop on a Cossie.

not a pro myself and surprisingly i am faster on dry roads than the strip as they tend to be a little easy to spin up on the rubber etc, I found it wasnt any better if i burn out and found it easier to get power down with tc on, but its all with skill.

The huge throw with the standard gears on mine is a joke, same car back to back with same driver has seen a 2 second improvment with a 350 quid ripshifter.

The ro, cossie and zed are quite heavy cars. Friend has a highly tuned skyline with NOS he was getting mid 12s, to put into context a stripped out 305 was running close to that!

Good day out though as its actually a good spectator event too. 25 quid for a full day or it was 15 (iirc) for half a day. Its near to Stratford so a lot easier to get to from the north than the pod.

We should organise an event when the weather is better but I think they reopen end of jan...

not a pro myself and surprisingly i am faster on dry roads than the strip as they tend to be a little easy to spin up on the rubber etc, I found it wasnt any better if i burn out and found it easier to get power down with tc on, but its all with skill.

The huge throw with the standard gears on mine is a joke, same car back to back with same driver has seen a 2 second improvment with a 350 quid ripshifter.

The ro, cossie and zed are quite heavy cars. Friend has a highly tuned skyline with NOS he was getting mid 12s, to put into context a stripped out 305 was running close to that!

Good day out though as its actually a good spectator event too. 25 quid for a full day or it was 15 (iirc) for half a day. Its near to Stratford so a lot easier to get to from the north than the pod.

We should organise an event when the weather is better but I think they reopen end of jan...

Sounds good. Why not put up a thread and see how many would go. Especially as you have experience of the Zed to advise on how to get good times. I'd definately be interested.

I've been to Shakespere. Nie and central for most too and at £25 a bargain. It would be good fun as a group.

i agree we u ther aswell i've had alot o bother getin my Z off the line before, if u know how to do it then ur sorted but i still think thers more skill involved in track racing than drag racing B)