Knocking from rear

Krissg

Hi guys,

Just bought my first Z and I'm delighted. I have

One issue however, I have a knocking noise for the rear of the car, sounds like suspension but has recently had coilovers fitted so shouldn't be this. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas or any known issues were about?

Also any recommended garages around west Yorkshire that I could trust?

Thanks, Kriss.

+ 1 :As Zugara has said :thumbs:

Upgraded ARB Drop Links in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

You will find them in my sub forum: :thumbs:

viewforum.php?f=157

Alex :)

Not wishing to hijack thread but I had this exact issue so had new ARB drop links fitted and the noise is still there; have been told it could be ARB bushes that are shot but would be grateful for any thoughts !

+ 1 :As Zugara has said :thumbs:

Upgraded ARB Drop Links in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

You will find them in my sub forum: :thumbs:

viewforum.php?f=157

Alex :)

Not wishing to hijack thread but I had this exact issue so had new ARB drop links fitted and the noise is still there; have been told it could be ARB bushes that are shot but would be grateful for any thoughts !

I replaced mine ARB bushes when I replaced the droplinks. They were worn and for the sake of £20 while you in there its worth it. Didnt have a knocking noise but that depends on how bad yours are worn. I bought new poly bushes to replace the OEM ones

• 2 weeks later...

Just calling on any further experience as Iv changed the drop links this weekend (what a nightmare thanks to seized bolts) but the knocking still remains, I didn't change the bushes at the time as it was too late to order them so took a chance, is it probably worn bushes that's giving me this knocking or could there be anything else worth looking at? Thanks!

Does it clonk all the time? Mine does when I come on or off power ferociously, I reckon its the diff bushes. :)

If its not power related then its got to be suspension, get it up in the air and hang off some parts :D

Well it is only when I go over a bump but can't be suspension as I have coil overs on which are just a few months old! Hmmm...

• 11 years later...

Did you ever find out what this was.. I've got coil overs, had arb drop links and white line ARB, and all bushes changed to poly bushes and Still get this noise.. Only from rear passenger side 🤷‍♂️