New engine for Autocar Zed!!!!

Digsy

:scare:

Apparently, like some others I've heard of (Pyro etc) the Autocar Zed started drinking oil at an amazing rate and Nissan GB have replaced the engine whilst they investigate. Don't imagine all Nissan customers get this level of service but this may be of help to anyone having the same problem. :thumbs:

It seems this afflicts GT4s and MY06 as opposed to the older engine but it pays to keep an eye on the dipstick!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit that i have had to top up the oil on mine on several occasions, which as surprised me. Normally been used to big engined cars i have had before using non between servicing. Will have to keep an eye on this i think :scare:

AFAIK it's only a problem with the "rev-up" engine in the GT4 and the MY06 engine. However, the problem cars seem fairly spread out geographically and time-wise suggesting it's not down to bad batch.

Sorry chap, should read all the comments properly as was just a little worried with engine changes mentioned.

Everything is going good with me, hope you and the missus are well.

All my time is take up with trying to find a place in France, half the bloody country is in a flood zone so just when you find one you like, then it all falls apart.

You coming down to the Oxford drive out on Saturday.

Sorry chap, should read all the comments properly as was just a little worried with engine changes mentioned.

Everything is going good with me, hope you and the missus are well.

All my time is take up with trying to find a place in France, half the bloody country is in a flood zone so just when you find one you like, then it all falls apart.

You coming down to the Oxford drive out on Saturday.

Unfortunately I'm working Friday night Steve :thumbdown:

Currently at about 3l of oil in 4300 miles. I have actually put in 2l of oil so far but it's not even reached the low mark on the dipstick atm so guessing I will need another 1l of oil to get it midway between the low and high marks.

Dealer informed, I just need to get there to carry out their own tests.

Currently at about 3l of oil in 4300 miles. I have actually put in 2l of oil so far but it's not even reached the low mark on the dipstick atm so guessing I will need another 1l of oil to get it midway between the low and high marks.

Dealer informed, I just need to get there to carry out their own tests.

Keep us informed on this, i have had to put a bit of oil in mine but nothing like you and the others have mentioned. Like its been mentioned it seems to be an issue with the 300ps engine.