Spacers

4RE Leather

Hi. I got a Eibach Pro-Spacer 20mm system 6 kit of ebay for the rear and the guy said they were new and never been on a car.

Well they seem new and the bag of bolts are there but the description from Eibach is as follows:-

System Description: Eibach System 6 Pro-Spacer kits contain 2 spacers with a pass through system and a centre collar. They fit onto the hub by locating the spacer over the wheel studs. The wheel is then attached by using wheel nuts which are supplied in this kit. See diagram below for more information about this type of wheel spacer system.

There are no wheel nuts supplied just 10 wheel studs.

Any idea as to get round this please as clearly I have been duped.

I do not want the hassle of sending them back. just a quick no thrills solution as to wera I can obtain the quality of wheel nuts beffiting the system. As if I put steel nuts on won't they react with the alloy spacers?

Regards

Peter

:drive1

Hi I have the car out side will all the wheel on and the nuts. It just says that the pro 6 system comes with nuts to hold them on. I have 10 longer wheel bolts with a rounded head. cant put pictures on here as it takes up to 3 days and i would like to tackle these tomorrow!

Peter

Unfortunately not ebay item 320766228182 thats if it will let you see them now i have them.

The holes are straight no seats. there are 10 bolts that are M12 but the head is rounded off.

Frustrating that i cant upload photo's without stressing.

And Nuts are missing. It is the system 6 kit.

Peter

Ok guys. had a mate round and he took one wheel off. 1st thing we noticed is that the castlenut split pin had broken?

Now this is a 2 owner car and 2009 and i got it with 10800 on the clock. The back brake pads were about 5 mm.

I decided to put the calliper back on and get some different type of spacers. there are some on ebay that are black. item number

170695613711. he put this in the description "PLEASE NOTE: THESE SPACERS HAVE A CENTRE BORE OF 72.6 ON THE WHEEL SIDE, THESE WILL ONLY FIT IF YOUR ALLOY WHEELS HAVE A 72.6 CENTRE BORE. PLEASE MEASURE "

Can someone tell me if this will fit my bog standard 18" wheel car please as this 30 min job is a nightmare?

2. Do the back pads have a habit of wearing down so fast or did the previous owner enter the 24 hre le-mans. about 3 times?

They must be a really soft pad to do that to a rear in what is now 12000 miles.

As to replacement (tell I am new to this) I see red stuff, yellow stuff. Loads of stuff. What is the best stuff please for my car.

Someone said Green stuff!!

And last of all. Going back to the castlenut. Should there be a spacer between the nut and the splitpin?

Reason I ask is that there is a hell of a long way to go 1" approx if the nut does come loose, as nothing to stop it!

Any discounts on pads and spacers please!!!:):)

That lot should keep you amused or laughing ya socks off. Chris1 where are you???

Thanks in advance for your anticipated imput and humour over the next few days:)

:yahoo:

Sounds like your having a bit of a mare :surrender:

To be honest I would get a set of spacers from Zmanalex..... Yes they will be a bit more money, but you will be guaranteed they will fit without issues.

With regards to the pads.... I had had Yellow Stuff pads on my car, and if I was to get new then I would get ferodo ones :thumbs: Again PM Zmanalex :thumbs:

Your rear pads should last a lot longer that the fronts as far as I am aware, Mine are on about 25K miles and still good :thumbs:

Thanks for that. l should imagine that due to the milage and the car is 2009 they are the oem so soft as S**t.

I will try get the yellow stuff pads from the guy on here.

As to the spacers. I am not to bothered. It was not a cost issue. I put new 275/40/18 Bridgstone on last week

but they did not fill the arch as much as I wanted. So a 20mm spacer would have got it spot on. To bring it out with a tyre would have meant getting the equivilent off a 215/40 but I did not want the inner going wider for obvious reasons.

I might just leave it and sort the pads out. Any ideas about the spacer from the Castlenut to the split pin?

Cheers

Peter

:bounce:

Any ideas about the spacer from the Castlenut to the split pin?

No worries :thumbs: I am afraid I cant help with the Castlenut to split pin issue.......If no one is along to offer advice, then without sounding like a stuck record .......... :pmzmanalex::lol::lol:

I have 20/25 spacers on my Zed and I think they are perfect B)

What size tyres have you got. I have 245.40 on the front to compliment the 275 on the back. i told them to put w rated but they must have heard that Abbey is putting a SC on so they kindly put Y rated on!! No wonder my savings are going down.

Having a tracker and 4 defusers fitted on Thursday, and them buggers ain't cheap!!

Peter

I have recently just expired a set off Yellowstuffs and I think that for the money they really are a cracking pad.

However, they do create a fair old amount of dust.

I just replaced them with Feredo DS2500's on Alex's advice and they are even better but about £50 more.

Well impressed by them though.

On the split pin If I remember correctly from when I did my wheel bearing these is a gap between the castleated nut and split pin. The pin is only a last save. The torque the nut is done up to (215Nm IIRC) should keep the nut in place, unless your wheel bearing goes then the pin stops the nut coming off and your wheel going wayward.