Making the choice

Chap

To JDM or not JDM? That is the question.

Two cars have appeared equal distance from me, both GTs at around 65k miles on the clock. UK 54 plate one in GM has been on the market for a while now, priced at £7999 ish. The JDM is at 52 plate and looks to have been imported around then, priced at £5990, in silver. Both trade, both claim a full service history.

Insurance quote difference is only in the region of not very many £s so not a consideration really.

For £2k difference it is hard justifying the UK car to myself, but I am actually torn between the two. Does anyone care to make my choice harder or easier?

Good point on the spec - but it has the Brembo upgrade plus the bose\leather setup, and also claims folding mirrors as a cheeky bonus. No Nav though which is a shame as I was planning to the cubby for some form of carputer shenanigans.

JDM -> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-52-NISSA ... 056wt_1396

No Rays on either of them - but a set for sale just down the road for a few £hundred.

The answer is probably to get out to both of them and take a closer look, and negotiate prices with the sales bods - but I'm limited on transport so no easy feat. Heh or carry on looking and waiting, but I'm starting to get tired of missing good cars due to not being in the right place\time.

£2k is a lot of money, but then again the JDM is 2 years older, so you have to factor in the depreciation factor. How much does a zed depreciate in a year? 500quid? a grand? That brings them both pretty much into the same ball park price doesnt it.

Personally id try them both out and see which you prefer. GM is better than silver, UK model may sell easier than a JDM, but then the better spec car will also be easier to sell. Do both have the correct service history? It says full but is it correct?

Tough choice really!

Another thing to think about is if you get the cheaper car... £2k can buy you a lot of mods... exhaust, air filter, remap etc. etc.

Mate hold out.

I just picked up a UK spec 53 plate GT on 56k miles for 8400 from a dealer. Could well have been 7600-7700 from private sale.

Based on your budget I'd say you should have no troubles finding a UK spec GT pack car rather than going the JDM route.

Cheaper to insure, slightly quicker, not limited to 110.. I'd hold out for a UK spec.

Mate hold out.

I just picked up a UK spec 53 plate GT on 56k miles for 8400 from a dealer. Could well have been 7600-7700 from private sale.

Based on your budget I'd say you should have no troubles finding a UK spec GT pack car rather than going the JDM route.

Cheaper to insure, slightly quicker, not limited to 110.. I'd hold out for a UK spec.

quicker?

most are delimited upon entry to the UK mine had full UK MPH conversion, foglight at rear built into original lighting unit, and definetly went above 112mph! (yes you will find some dont have this though lol)

in answer to the original question - have you viewed and driven both cars?

pictures, descriptions, stats etc are really worth nothing until you have checked it over yourself!

i had a jdm 53 reg and it was immaculate and drove extremely well, got a 54 plate UK gt model now also drives lovely but needs couple of tiny bits doing :)

just goes to prove UK cars arent always better, but neither are the JDMs - althought i wouldnt let the fact its a JDM put me off buying it