Invidia Gemini Exhaust Installed

Blitzkrieg

As some of you know, I broke my exhaust within 2 weeks of buying my 350Z.

I seem to be suffering with alot of surface rust under the car and will have to treat it at some point.

Here is the old exhaust which is the standard OEM part.

P1000519.jpg

P1000517.jpg

^Spot the problem

So after looking at the options I decided to go for a upgraded exhaust that I should never want to alter.

To that end I opted for a stainless true dual exhaust provided by Tarmac (PM for details)

- Invidia Gemini £875 delivered

The kit replaces everything from the Cats back and should give similar gains to that of the Stillen dual exhaust. Included with the exhaust are all the nuts, bolts and gaskets required, but I found I was somehow 4 bolts short. The rubber hangers are not provided.

P1000520.jpg

P1000524.jpg

P1000525.jpg

P1000526.jpg

Fitting was hassle free as the kit has been designed well even though the parts are labeled for a left hand drive car. The tailpipes are currently sitting about 10mm to the right of where it should sit, but I will see where it ends up after having it for a while. The additional pipework sits lower than the original exhaust due to it having to pass under something connecting to the suspension.

The exhaust looks awesome (I went for the tips that look closest to standard). At idle and part throttle the system is really quiet and good for everday use. You must remember that I have been driving without a back box for 2 weeks, so any system would sound quiet. The sound of the exhaust has got alot nicer and I will upload a sound clip when I get a video camera. When you do floor it there is a much racier sound than the OEM system (from memory) and for me its loud enough. I imagine that this is a quiet system compared to others, so it could take a HFC or de-cat without becoming unbearable.

Next job - brakes

That looks properly the business, loving the true dual! do you have to get it with the crossover pipe, or can you keep it straight at that point?

might well have to save up for one of these, was just going to go for a scorpion, but this looks so much nicer!

Only option is to have the cross over. This is better for performance, but not for loudness.

You could always get your own part made up to replace the cross over, or even cut out the middle of the cross over and modify it which would then be a guaranteed fit.

Looks great

Sold a fair few of these now and think they are superb quality, true dual and available with titanium tips as well if preferred.

Top banana :thumbs:

Looking to replace my stock exhaust at some point and this looks just what I'm after! I use the car daily so I like the idea of sounding quiet at lower revs but sporty when pushed, I find the stock exhaust a bit harsh sounding towards red-line.

Would this exhaust be suitable for 313GT HR?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks lovely. :thumbs:

I love my Invidia exhaust, I have the G200 True dual.

The workmanship is fantastic and the sound is awesome at WOT but quiet when cruising with absolutely no cabin drone at all.

Although I love the sound of loud exhausts, and I've had a few over the years, I just can't live with with them on long journeys now I'm in my 30's :wheelchair::lol:

350z6.jpg