loss of power in low revs

dazzer-b

hi guys,

i have an auto and when ive got my foot flat to the floor say after i have just turned into a road in 2nd or sometimes 3rd, the car seems a lil sluggish then all of a sudden once i hit about 3000-3500rpm its like i have a turbo on board and i get a massive boost of power and other times i dont , has anybody else had this problem???

will having that plenum spacer fitted maybe help this problem, it has been serviced and has not helped in anyway.

cheers

The plenum spacer along with a remap can sort out alot of bogging issues. Take your air intake off and clean the throttle body also. Sometimes when you floor it, the car will kickdown causing it to change gear and rev higher. This sometimes takes a bit of time to sort out depending on how good the gearbox is.

Clean the throttle body with whitespirit or the like and do an ecu reset and see how it changes. There are guides on here for both :thumbs:

ok i might just try a quick reset, didnt know u could do that just read how, i drive it in manual kind of mode so shouldnt be a gear change.

cheers guys

As alex said, are you certain that tcs isn't kicking in. Clean the throttle body first before reset. Careful not to move the butterfly valve though.

I don't know how the autobox's work with regards to the clutches etc but I know jays auto goes like stink from low revs all the way through on semi mode.

I had this problem and it turned out to be a dodgy coil pack. It started just as you described until it started getting worse and would drop to five cylinders intermittently.

A friendly mechanic at the local dealer help to figure out which cylinder with a diagnostic tool that could shut down each cylinder in turn. You just have to get the local garage when it's running badly (Twice i went the garage and it was working fine by the time i got there!) and they are feeling generous enough to diagnose it.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Chris