Engine Diagnostics software

sl114

Does anyone know if the engine diagnostics software that you can get from Nissan is Mac friendly? I have tried searching everywhere for it and no where seems to be able to tell me.

Does anyone have a copy too and can they tell me what information you get from it, how it is presented and what system they have it on?

I have an idea as you can tell ;)

Not sure about the mac. There are a few for the PC I have found but none that I really like.

Well I would love to get hold of this to play with - http://www.uprev.com/products/cipher_NI.html

this is supposed to be rahter good.

if you are only looking for code readers though they should be cheaper

I want to see engine temp, oil temp, speed, bhp (if poss) things like that, but not sure if i can find any cheap ones in the UK as i am worried that a US one will be different to the UK software due to any differences in our cars? But im not sure

Guest prescience

The old memory may be failing but I though Tim (lomoto) had a GReddy infometer which he bought off Mark (OC) a while back. Plugs into the OBDii and gives the basics you want. Tim?

hmmmm

Would love to get my hands on something like this. Have been playing with the idea of putting a PC with a small TFT in the cubby hole. Piece of software like this running on it would be really neet!

Might need to save up some pennies and get this.

Good find guys.

what can you monitor for the Z Tim? it doesn't do afr does it?

no doesnt have afr but measures air flow,ignition timing, revs , speed temps etc and has a memory to store them as well as audible warning for revs , temp etc.. to be honest it's got that many features I have not fully explored it yet :blush:

nothing useful then :lol:;)

absolutely correct just a nice toy, probably handy if your going to mess about with ignition timing etc, also on the track to record data about max temps , revs , speed, ignition advance and retard, air flow etc,,,,, but no good for everyday motoring.. except fault codes may come in or possibly audible dong for max revs :)

hmmmm

Would love to get my hands on something like this. Have been playing with the idea of putting a PC with a small TFT in the cubby hole. Piece of software like this running on it would be really neet!

Good find guys.

Dont steal my idea ;)

Ok my idea is to put a PC into one of the cubby holes for CDs behind the passenger seat, have wireless internet, satnav, engine stats, bullet cam front and rear, but maybe just front webcam (high end) and have it all in a 7" touchscreen LCD in the front satnav compartment.

Just pricing up costs etc at the moment

hmmmm

Good find guys.

Dont steal my idea ;)

Ok my idea is to put a PC into one of the cubby holes for CDs behind the passenger seat, have wireless internet, satnav, engine stats, bullet cam front and rear, but maybe just front webcam (high end) and have it all in a 7" touchscreen LCD in the front satnav compartment.

Just pricing up costs etc at the moment

Sounds just like what I was thinking of.

And the first one to do this gets the right to call their car K.I.T.T, and Halfords can provide the Red Neon for the Front of the car :p

(but please skip the gay voice from the original one...)

sorry I could not resist it...

Sounds a very cool idea, but too much work for a technophobe like me...

Good luck...

Now where's my map and cassettes? :wacko:

And the first one to do this gets the right to call their car K.I.T.T, and Halfords can provide the Red Neon for the Front of the car :p

Good luck...

Next to your pipe and slippers ;)

Good luck...

mate I've emailed you about your Zzzz account... sorted it ;)

:thumbs:

thanks ... ;)

BTW isn't some of those 2 din units (pioneers etc...) already have all this kind of capability in one small package (I mean NAVI TV MP3 already in-built and then for the inputs you talk about (cameras, PC in, AV in etc...)

Good luck...

mate I've emailed you about your Zzzz account... sorted it ;)

HELLO, following from my technophobe comment I

I have just tried to log as Zzzz... still no luck has the password changed or have you sent and email to re-validate my profile? or am I missing something here... (apart from my marbles... :p )

THANKS FOR THE HELP :thumbs:

Guest prescience
you haven't read the email, then, have you? ;)

will pm you new password

Isn't it difficult to read a PM if you can't login?