GT Edition

waltong

Having just had the use of a 370 with the standard system, even my wife said how poor it sounded after mine :lol:

She'll say anything to get a new handbag ;):lol:

You lot know her too well :doh::lol:

My other half hates the whole idea of replacing the exhaust! Is the Stillen meant to be tamer than the Akroppvic - I thought it was louder than the Akro...?

The answer is to hear it in the flesh. More than happy to meet up so you and your misses can see what it is like - next weekend? If interested send me a pm :thumbs:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just had the use of a 370 with the standard system, even my wife said how poor it sounded after mine :lol:

She'll say anything to get a new handbag ;):lol:

You lot know her too well :doh::lol:

My other half hates the whole idea of replacing the exhaust! Is the Stillen meant to be tamer than the Akroppvic - I thought it was louder than the Akro...?

The answer is to hear it in the flesh. More than happy to meet up so you and your misses can see what it is like - next weekend? If interested send me a pm :thumbs:

Thanks for that Colin - I'm a few months away from getting it done (got to get money-sucking Christmas out of the way first) but I'll defo take up your offer when it's time to make a final decision! :thumbs:

hey waltong - where's that sound clip you promised us ? :dry:

Sorry. A manic week at work. The sun is due to shine tomorrow, camcorder charged. :-)

Clip below. Not the best but I'll have a proper drive by one done by tomorrow.

Hi Waltong

Sounds great - I am thinking of getting this system. Would you say it's a good system for someone who wants the car to have a bit more growl but nothing too mental? I definitely do not want something that sounds too 'boomy' or constantly very loud under normal driving conditions (I live in a quiet road and value my good relations with the neighbours :lol:) I just want something that sounds a bit more sporty that the stock.

Hi mate.

If you purchase the rear box only you'll get a very modest increase in noise. Probably what you would have wanted from a standard exhaust but you get the nice tail pipes. The full cat back is very sensible at 3000 rpm and below but livens up dramatically from 4000rpm. It's all very good inside the cabin, never intrudes to be honset.