Mods and Warranties !!

Railgun

Couple of queries here that I hope you can help me with, and sorry if this has been covered before, but couldn't find what I was looking for!

Will sticking on a new exhaust bugger up your warranty?, or is it a case of (like I'm guessing) they still have to honor the warranty if something unrelated to the new exhaust

(i.e suspension or electrics) goes wrong?

and

What are Admiral like for mods? I'm moving my insurance next month and they are top of the list at the moment!

Thanks in advance chaps! :thumbs:

Basically the Warranty only covers genuine parts (it the same for servicing)

So if a part goes and they can argue that the exhaust was the rout cause of the problem you are in trouble. However if it’s a problem with the CD Player which has obviously no bearing on your exhaust you are OK :thumbs:

I have no idea on the insurance I'm afraid :shrug:

Depends on whether it's from-new warranty or after that, be it extended manufacturer or third party.

If it's from new, then you are allowed to go anywhere for parts and servicing as long as they are OEM quality, so a cheapo exhaust off eBay is no good but a real one from Milltek would be fine: Basically, look up European Block Exemption for more details. If the warranty is after this period then you have to use whatever is specified in the contract, so usually OEM only and using anything else for any other part of the car will invalidate your warranty, i.e. using Bosch windscreen wipers can mean they'll turn down a claim if your engine goes pop.

HTH :)