Help needed re: Bluetooth Handsfree for Sony Ericsson k800i

koolphones

I got a Sony Ericsson K800i mobile phone for xmas and want to buy the Bluetooth adaptor for the existing cradle but have noticed on one forum that someone could not get all the functions to work for example it would not voice dial, I don't really want to buy the actual cradle designed for phone as will to change evertime buy new phone, any info please.

I got a Sony Ericsson K800i mobile phone for xmas and want to buy the Bluetooth adaptor for the existing cradle but have noticed on one forum that someone could not get all the functions to work for example it would not voice dial, I don't really want to buy the actual cradle designed for phone as will to change evertime buy new phone, any info please.

The Nissan Blue Tooth adapter will work with any phone that has blue tooth functionality :thumbs:

Works fine with my Sony Ericsson W800i, I seem to remember i had to change something on my phone to get it to work tho.

It doesnt work very well for me though over about 30/40mph as the road noise from the car makes it difficult for the person on the other end to hear you clearly.

I've had this combo for about 4 weeks and it's working great, no worries. Voice dialling works fine for me. All the voice dial functions/memory are held by the car, so if you have used your BT adapter with another phone and want to use the same stored names with your new one, that will work.

The K800i by default switches off BT when it disconnects from the Z, which helps battery life as I always used to forget before.

I got the Z hooked up to my Nokia work mobi and my personal Sony (can only use one at once though). True about the road noise and I've had some complaints of "feedback" also (phone near a speaker maybe).

It doesnt work very well for me though over about 30/40mph as the road noise from the car makes it difficult for the person on the other end to hear you clearly.

Imho the built-in phone system is just plain CRAP :angry:

I find it even worse with the NISMO zorst. If I'm doing over 70 I can forget making a call..... :dry:

Imho the built-in phone system is just plain CRAP :angry:

I find it even worse with the NISMO zorst. If I'm doing over 70 I can forget making a call..... :dry:

You better sell it to me then :)

I use the K800i and BT adapter combo and it seems to work fine. although i also have the issue of not being able to recognise voice commands on certain roads / over certain speeds due to back ground noise.
I cant use my voice commands static let alone when its moving.

I use the K800i and BT adapter combo and it seems to work fine. although i also have the issue of not being able to recognise voice commands on certain roads / over certain speeds due to back ground noise.

Why not? Have you broke that as well :p

Why not? Have you broke that as well :p

i should have put a bet on that comment, i knew you'd say that.

No its not me again, just doesnt pick up my voice call thingy

Does anyone know how to get the voice activation working (just got the BT kit as a xmas pressie!)? Is it something you setup on the car or on the phone?

If its the phone, don't think i'll be able to use the voice controls as i have a motorola razor :thumbdown:

Oh well, excuse to upgrade phone :teeth:

Does anyone know how to get the voice activation working (just got the BT kit as a xmas pressie!)? Is it something you setup on the car or on the phone?

If its the phone, don't think i'll be able to use the voice controls as i have a motorola razor :thumbdown:

The voice activation is set up on the car not the phone :thumbs:

Good news, but how? Can't find anything about it in the BT intructions?

Its in the owners manual :)

DOH! :blush:

Might be going mad, but I can't find anything about voice activation (saving/dialling numbers) anywhere in owners manual or BT instructions.

PLEASE HELP!!!