Newbie questions - hill start ?

Fred020

In the meantime, this brochure mentions it under GT Pack - Power Train.

(That is the Roadster version. The Coupe version is available for download but it seems you have to go through a 2-step process of providing email address etc to get to the download. I couldn't find it on their website in a linkable form anyway.)

Mine definately has it (GT Edition) - although as mentioned previously ...... its not something I rely on, whether its me not being careful enough about which to release 1st !! ??, sometimes it will hold, sometimes not

Haven't really spent any time practicing with it

...sometimes it will hold, sometimes not...

That's my gripe too. Can't depend on it. Latest theory I have is the angle of incline and nothing to do with order of releasing or applying or changing things.

Here goes with a couple of demos of hill hold assist (or whatever Nissan call it).

Quite difficult to do in the dark with torch for feet, floodlight to show road surface, camera, open door etc.etc and I appreciate that this is not a proof (I could be cheating with the handbrake etc) but hopefully this passes as an ok demo.

First facing uphill on my driveway:

Then facing downhill to prove the effect in both directions:

Note the clutch is fully depressed at all times in the test – there is no driver-induced clutch control. If you listen carefully you can hear the brakes being released by the system (sounds like a dog bark or cough).

How random. You'd think it would hold until it senses the car going forwards/backwards under its own steam.

7AT doesnt appear to have this, I just roll backwards/forwards a bit until the torque converter gets enough revs to hold it - hence not really needing it.

I reverse my previous comment about not having hill-start. I do have it and am convinced it's 'tilt/angle' triggered. Doesn't do anything on a slight incline but does activate on more steep slopes. If I'm honest I think it should trigger at a lower angle as at least then it'd be more predictable and you'd be confident it was going to work (even thought not truly necessary a lot of the time).

Well, at least this thread has established, unless anyone says different, that the

1) The manual 'GT' 370 on 2010+ models supplied in the UK has hill start (of sorts :wacko: )

2) Other 370 models don't have hill start. :thumbs:

3) Even if you have hill start, you are best off being prepared to use the old method with the handbrake. :doh:

4) Ebized is very happy his 2009 model doesn't have it :D

Well, at least this thread has established, unless anyone says different, that the

1) The manual 'GT' 370 on 2010+ models supplied in the UK has hill start (of sorts :wacko: )

3) Even if you have hill start, you are best off being prepared to use the old method with the handbrake. :doh:

5) Ebized doesn't know everything about the 370z :lol:

:ban::p

5) Ebized knows nothing about the 370z :lol:

Corrected again :surrender::lol:

5) Ebized knows nothing about the 370z :lol:

Corrected again :surrender::lol:

Oh now I think that is very far from the truth ;)

But as they say every day is a school day :thumbs: