Exhaust on 370Z's

Mark@Abbey m/s

Had a 370Z in on Saturday to have a Akrapovic system fitted and a remap , had a poke around and I seem to have given everyone some wrong info, these cars only have 1 set of Catalytic convertors not 2 sets like I thought, the centre silencers which i thought where Cats are just resonated silencers.

Had a 370Z in on Saturday to have a Akrapovic system fitted and a remap , had a poke around and I seem to have given everyone some wrong info, these cars only have 1 set of Catalytic convertors not 2 sets like I thought, the centre silencers which i thought where Cats are just resonated silencers.

And would that be mine Mark :teeth:

Car is going well with a nice subtle but sporty note. :drive1

What was the results before and after remap/fitting?

Just get it done man :p

I am, I am! Just the slight logistical problem of 900 mile round trip :lol:

Think of it as a must do - like us coming up to your neck of the woods - doubt most of us will get back with less than 2k miles done :D

What was the results before and after remap/fitting?

Just get it done man :p

NiceZed's car is an Auto but it still got good gains just like Chris's car did when we Upreved his car.

Mark can I post your dyno graphs up?

cheers

No problem Mark, on iPhone at moment so haven't got a clue how to attach things. The best image is the screen shot you sent me.

Here is a dyno plot for a Auto 370Z we did last week.

DARK BLUE dotted - stock at the hubs

LIGHT BLUE slash/dotted _-akrapovic full system and HKS panel filters

SOLID DARK BLUE - akrapovic full system HKS panel filters and Uprev remap

fitting exhaust and panel filter gained 10 bhp and 5lb/ft at the top end from the stock car

fitting exhaust/panel filter and remap with Uprev gained 22bhp and 11 lb/ft from the stock car

Good to see another auto get done and also to see stock vs mods vs mods+map. Seems my Gen3 intakes must do some fiddling with the MAF to alter the fueling after all looking at that :thumbs:

Gotta love the smooth mid range torque :teeth:

Chris, did you have HFC's fitted to your 370Z?

Not yet, its on the list of to-do's.

Also consistent to see peak torque and BHP are at the same speed on my car and the one posted. (click thumbs for full size)

th_370zpower.jpg

th_370ztorque_afr.jpg

Yeah nice to know that hacking up the car was worth it for some HP. TBH I didnt expect the Gen3's to give anything after the UpRev, but appears they give a litte extra. I got them for free with the Stillen deal so it didnt bother me, other than the effort required to hack up the car a little. And the fact they need the bumper off to clean them every 50k miles (will do it more often though).

Dont tell G Man that the Akra might not flow as well as the Stillen, he may cry :lol: Lovely looking and sounding system though - you should hear it with G Man's HFCs :cloud9: