Last one for a lil' while... Mileage

AMT

Ok, I've asked quite a few Q's, so heres one more before I dissapear into the land of ...saving so much money it hurts until april/may... "fun". Only wanting to spend about 10K on one of these so I do see there a fair bit of miles on them for that and also that dealers are charging a fortune for facelifted ones, but what would be a good mileage to get a 350 with? I do a lot of miles...like 18K ish a year, prob less when I get this but you know what I mean, I like to USE a car when a get it, not hide it away for "investment"...hate when car people refer to theirs as an investment, if you like cars you don't think about miles or price lol. So erm, whats a safe mileage that'll still last me, for when I go to buy? Should I be afraid of buying a car at 40K? for ...£10K... although it is a lot of car for the cash :shrug: ...or have I answered my own Q there lol

Why would you be afraid of buying a car at 40k. They are pretty much bullet proof engines if they are serviced at the correct intervals.

I've read some of your other posts and to be honest with you just go out and buy one, you say you've been researching the cars for ages. if so then why so many 'simple' questions?

Everything you have asked so far could of been searched for.

Not meaning to be a dick, but.. just use the search button and a bit of common sense for some of your questions.

I asked exactly the same thing on here before i bought mine and the opinion seemed to be that it's not really known at what point the zed tends to 'die' because none have really reached that point yet, despite there being quite a few 100k+ zeds kicking around, so i stopped worrying about it and just bought one i liked the look of. In the end i paid 8k for a 45,000 mile '53 (04) plate, which wasn't a bad deal but you could probably find better. 10 grand for a 40k car would seem a little steep unless it's immaculate (which mine wasn't)

DB

...and yet people say the gear change is clunky naturally... define .."changes ok" ...am kiddin! Its fine, I've had a go in two, looked at a third and realised from the previous experience that the clutch shouldn't be that heavy, some dealers sell you some horrid cars as if it was nothing, surely a dealer knows this before they buy the thing to sell on as the dealer of the next bit had. I went and seen a blue 2004 one... I played a game (as i knew where pretty much everything was), "are the seats electric?"...."erm... maybe, I think so, is there a button in there for them?"...."does it have the cruise control?".... I sh^ t you not, I was sitting in the seat looking at the thing "erm, should be around the dash somewhere"...as he fumbles over the top of me and onto the left side of the steering wheel pml I just ask loads of Qs cos' I'm not mechanical...and paranoid as you may have guessed about buying a clunker, and you all have one and loads of experience lol I will be takin' a mechanic m8 with me though for the underside :bounce: We'll see how we get on. :thumbs:

I recently bought a facelift zed with 39k miles on it, with full nismo kit. The bodywork wasn't in great shape, it basically had a mark of some sort on every panel, but i bought it because it had a full service history and drove perfectly. It was what i wanted and i got it for a good price, just had it fully resprayed and its perfect now. Im not telling you to go out and buy a scratched up one, but like the others have said if it has a good service history and drives fine you shouldn't worry about buying a zed with higher mileage. :thumbs:

Kool, I like confidence replies like that heh. Yeah I used to be a bit paranoid about chips etc, but i realise with my current car and the zed that they will happen, so to expect a bit. I'll be lookin for a silver one, hide the scratches and chips much easier B)

Cheers again people!

I actually... hate you... I can't get one til' april/mayish time. (paying off the first car and putting a wee deposit by). Awww.. its like the perfect colour, perfect mileage for the cost and the cost is low for the facelift. Awww, I wish you hadn't done that :( lol Thanks though!