Nismo spoiler marking paint when closing boot

Karlp

Hey guys,

Everytime I close my boot my nismo v1 spoiler keeps marking the paintwork on the corner of the spoiler where it meets the boot lid, it seems to be bouncing slightly when I close the boot causing the marks on my paintwork. Is there anyway to avoid this? Am I closing the boot too hard? Does re spoiler need tightening up on the inside o the boot???

Oh god i can see it now....... wait till neil p discovers this thread :surrender::lol:

:lol:

The genuine ones touch the boot and have a foam trim around edge of the tips. The spoiler you have was fitted by my painter and it was a replica which never had the foam around the tips. :thumbs:

Oh god i can see it now....... wait till neil p discovers this thread :surrender::lol:

:lol:

The genuine ones touch the boot and have a foam trim around edge of the tips. The spoiler you have was fitted by my painter and it was a replica which never had the foam around the tips. :thumbs:

Must have modified the design by 2008 then, as mine's nowhere near:

IMAG0644.jpg

IMAG0645.jpg

Here's mine...

100_0088.jpg

100_0089.jpg

100_0090.jpg

100_0091.jpg

That is the exact same as mines with the foam in the same place :thumbs: The ones that usually fit dodgy are aftermarket and could be genuine but probably not a factory fit when the car was ordered.