Built Engines??

leighx

Hiya guys,

I am considering buying a mates 350 '03, but without an engine too much NOS made it go ‘pop’ and a poor install in the first place. Allegedly. Not sure of the full ins and outs but it’s dead. R.I.P. :headhurt:

Anyway my question is… Are there any companies that you guys know of that build engines. I was going to get a new or recon one and then build it a little, but then thought maybe there are companies here in the UK like this one in the states that do partial or full builds.

http://sgpracing-store.stores.yahoo.net/sgpravqmo.html

Many thanks guys and congrats on a very informative site. For a n00b anyway.

Since its engine free how about thinking outside the box a little.

Fit a Skyline Turbo engine and run a little boost that way getting about 400 bhp.

It wouldn't be easy but not impossible I guess and very different!

Ming the thinker

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the first post! ;)

or buy an engine from a breakers and drop it off at the tuners with a few shiney bits for a bit of work!

Cheers Guys,

I'll have a look at the skyline option, but as I'm 'OK' around an engine, putting a different one in a different hole as it were sounds a bit more than I can handle, on my own anyway.

Will seriously look at a scrapyard block and maybe get it built a bit while it's out.

Anyone know of an english company that will build it? I did put a link of an American company that does building, but with warranty's and shipping, not an option. I have surfed for UK companies, but cannot find any. :thumbdown: Obviously not looking in the right places.

As for the Yank block, a great idea, but with my knowledge, it's way out of my league i'm afraid... :scare: Shite'ing me pants just thinking about it!!!

Cheers Guys,

I'll have a look at the skyline option, but as I'm 'OK' around an engine, putting a different one in a different hole as it were sounds a bit more than I can handle, on my own anyway.

Will seriously look at a scrapyard block and maybe get it built a bit while it's out.

Anyone know of an english company that will build it? I did put a link of an American company that does building, but with warranty's and shipping, not an option. I have surfed for UK companies, but cannot find any. :thumbdown: Obviously not looking in the right places.

As for the Yank block, a great idea, but with my knowledge, it's way out of my league i'm afraid... :scare: Shite'ing me pants just thinking about it!!!

Speak to Abbey Motorsports

Just get a 350Z (modified or not) engine, it ll be enough hassle and cost you enough like that, and at least you ll know it ll fit and your car will work one day. All those "put other engine in" projects all seem cool at first, until you get into all the problems that pop up when trying to complete the project, and you end up abandoning it after a lot of frustration and money spent

TDi have a little experience on VQ afaik (contact them for more details but I think they rebuolt one gone pop while in Belgium?)

Also RJN motorsport uses another company to build their engines and I know Bap & Giles have gone that route. Company is called IES I think, no more details though.

Cheers TheMinel, ir_fuel and captint

I've looked into these and the others I've been given, just for costing and am defo going the route of 350z engine whatever I decide to do with it :teeth: I like the car as a whole and the thought of putting another block in it whether it's made of left over from the lego I got today or from another machine, I think will spoilt it. :yuck:

Have a good day all :yahoo: