Where is my oil going?

Big Alan

Current Car is DX05YCC Colour is Gunmetal Grey with black leather.

If anyone does a check it will come back that it has had a change of reg number. It did at one time have a personalised plate. What that reg was I don't know.

Shame about the oil problem as it is a lovely car to drive but the replacement should be even better without the niggling doubts about the engine.

That sounds good, less than 25k.

But would be wary of a non gt as they are harder to sell on. Radio has to be "divorced" for the original car. And married up to the new one.

But if its in good condition and the history checks out, I would consider it.

+1

even with you changing the seats, you may wish to revert it back at some stage when it comes time to move on. You will then have t he issue with it being a non GT car. For me I would hold out for a GT model.

That sounds good, less than 25k.

But would be wary of a non gt as they are harder to sell on. Radio has to be "divorced" for the original car. And married up to the new one.

But if its in good condition and the history checks out, I would consider it.

+1

even with you changing the seats, you may wish to revert it back at some stage when it comes time to move on. You will then have t he issue with it being a non GT car. For me I would hold out for a GT model.

Have to agree with these sentiments and no doubt the dealer is offering you this model is because he will have sourced cheaply as the the non GT's seem to struggle in the market place, albeit what you don't get is frankly not worth worrying about and mods can mean an upgrade that effectively make it better than a GT model. But you do need to think about being the seller in due course............... :shrug:

It is not one that they have had for a while. I have already rejected the one that he has not been able to sell. It also does not show on the group website as being in stock at another branch. I am led to believe it is one that he was offered and bought in as he felt it was too good to miss and if I didn't like it someone else would soon buy it.

I am on my way to look at it very shortly.

It has 21500 miles on the clock. One owner full service history. If it is still taxed then I would imagine it has not been sat on a forecourt somewhere else for a long time.

I have been told by an auto electrician that to change the audio over means a lot of work to change the wiring loom and it is not cost effective. For less money he can upgrade the existing audio to the same or higher spec. And if I want to change the head unit as well it is obviously going to start costing real money to go this far but I could have a really nice double din unit fitted if I want to spend the money.

What I shall do is have a good look. Drive the car. Listen to the stereo with my choice of music.

I can then make a sensible decision, do I want this car knowing that I intend to keep it for a while. It is my second car, used purely for fun. I don't intend to sell it for a long while yet so the ease of resale is not a major consideration.

What really matters is does it make me grin like an idiot. If it does then it has achieved my aim in buying a Zed.

I looked at it, one small scuff that the body shop will sort out otherwise immaculate, and I like the blue colour. Service history is all fully stamped.

Drove it and it made me grin. Drove it some further and it still made me grin every time I put my foot down.

Have done a deal involving a full 12 month warranty, (if it breaks they mend it), New tyres and a service, they will also tax it for me.(old car runs out of tax this month) They will collect my old car and the original seats. Swap the seats over and deliver the new one back to me. But before any of this happens they are going to do an oil consumption test. It is very unlikely that this one will have a crazy thirst for oil but both the Dealer and I have said that we want to make certain before I get it, just for the peace of mind.

I know some will say I should have held out for a GT but is there much point if I am going to change the seats and stereo. The only part of the GT package left is the cruise control which I very rarely use. Also I dont intend to sell the car any time soon so selling it is not something that I am giving a huge amount of attention. I am more concerned with owning it.

I think that I shall be very happy driving this car for the forseable future. I can see no reason why I am likely to sell it for at least 5 years. I don't chop and change my cars. Once I buy a car, if I like it and it does what I want, I tend to keep it for a long time. During my life I have only ever bought 4 motorbikes and 6 cars. Of these one car I didn't like and only kept for a year or so and I still own two cars. Hardly a huge number when you consider that I am fifty something now and started riding motorbikes when I was 18 moving on to cars at about 30.

The original Nissan cloth seats which are immaculate will be up for sale, otherwise I shall have to store them somewhere and my loft is already full of stuff.

:D:yahoo::drive1

• 3 weeks later...

I now have the replacement car.

Closer investigation shows that it was from Westway group stock but only very briefly. It wasn't even there long enough to be photographed. It came in to the Coventry branch and went straight to Stourbridge. Using the cached results in Google I was able to find the car on the Westway website but it was removed almost immediately.

So far I am very happy with it. The engine feels slightly more powerful and it appears to be a little less thirsty but I haven't done any long journeys yet which will confirm this properly.

The steering seems to be a little better. On one particular piece of poorly surfaced road where the old one tended to tramline a little this one doesn't.

The exhaust note is slightly crisper, I can only assume that the old exhaust was getting clogged as they are both on standard pipes.

It has a full service history from Antelope Nissan in Banbury along with all the MOT certificates.

I have also had several comments saying how nice the colour is. It seems that Gunmetal Grey may be popular with us men but the ladies prefer blue.

The new car used to belong to Colm Heap who lives in Preston Capes near Daventry the Reg is KU54CDO. If anyone knows anything about the car I should be interested to know.

I also found something interesting about the old car. I knew that the number plate had been changed but didn't know the old reg. Paperwork that I have just recieved shows that it was very distinctive. It was P4TRK. If anyone remembers this reg it might be interesting.

:yahoo::drive1