Throttle Controller

coldel

This section should be banned!

I would have had this for pence.... :thumbdown:

I'll sell it you for £80 :shrug:

:lol::lol: You joker!!!

I'm going to ask a thick question so bare with me....

what does these things do? :blush:

I know it's something to do with controlling the throttle... :ninja:

They sit between the pedal and the ECU, in effect speeding up or slowing down throttle response.

So if you had the throttle pushed in say 25% of the way, on a high Sport setting it would be like having your foot to the floor. If it was in an Economy mode it would be like you are barely touching the pedal.

In gears 1 and 2 gives you get an almighty shove in the back when in sport 7 mode. I don't notice too much difference in gears higher than that.

Well... this arrived today... took me 5 mins to install and.... it didnt work. :lol:

It wasnt getting any power so i thought it was fooked, but it turned out that the power wires on the ODB2 connector just needed re-soldering... phew :D

So set it up and went for a drive... and i cant say i've noticed much difference to be honest :shrug: It was a little damp outside, so my test was doing a launch in 1st in eco, normal and SP7. In eco the wheels didnt spin so easily, and in SP7 they did... so maybe thats all i'll notice.

Verdict: Bargain, but ot sure yet.

Well... this arrived today... took me 5 mins to install and.... it didnt work. :lol:

It wasnt getting any power so i thought it was fooked, but it turned out that the power wires on the ODB2 connector just needed re-soldering... phew :D

So set it up and went for a drive... and i cant say i've noticed much difference to be honest :shrug: It was a little damp outside, so my test was doing a launch in 1st in eco, normal and SP7. In eco the wheels didnt spin so easily, and in SP7 they did... so maybe thats all i'll notice.

Verdict: Bargain, but ot sure yet.

There's a pretty large difference between ECO and SP7 on drive!

Did you do the little reset/relearn procedure for the controller?

When i installed it, i held Set for 7 seconds, and then press he throttle until it said 1.5 and pressed set again, then pressed the peddle down fully till it said 2.0 then pressed set again - and that was it... have i missed anything?

When i installed it, i held Set for 7 seconds, and then press he throttle until it said 1.5 and pressed set again, then pressed the peddle down fully till it said 2.0 then pressed set again - and that was it... have i missed anything?

The pressing of throttle until 1.5 - I don't think you're meant to do that chap.

Press and hold set and it'll countdown to 0.

Release set at 0.

It'll be flashing L15 (if it isn't, press set again), make sure go pedal is fully released. Press set.

Press set and it'll flash H 45. Fully depress go pedal and whilst fully depressed, press set.

You are done.

When you're on SP7 for the first time, take care accelerating out of a corner. Try it on a straight bit first. It's rather sensitive!

This should help, its the key page for the initialization. You should defo feel something in SP7! It basically brings all the power forwards in the throttle so a little tip toe touch and you are off down the road :thumbs:

img-811181705-0001.jpg

Marzman - Have you not been Uprev'd?

I was under the impression that this would make little difference to a Uprev'd car as the Uprev would essentially do the same thing. :shrug:

I dont believe so Sam... unless the previous owners did it. That said this zed does feel much quicker than my last one so who knows (going off to check all previous posts relating to my car now!)

James and Col... i followed the guide below which was on the EPRacing thread... this seems to be the same settings i get (despite it being a different version controller :wacko: )

I've just sat in the car with the ignition on and the engine off and depressed the throttle a bit and held it there. I then cycled through the modes, and can see the throttle position difference between them (Eco5 was 25, Nor was 30, and SP7 was 60) so i can clearly see that it is doing something.... i just couldnt feel it whilst driving.

Edit - forgot to paste the guide:

Part 2 Setting the controller up :D

1. once you installed the controller turn the key to ignition 2 and the throttle controller should light up.

DSC04446.jpg

2. make sure is on NOR (Normal) and then press and hold set. if you done it right the controller will do a count down while you still holding the set button. (make sure you hold it till it gets to 0 )

DSC04447.jpg

3. Once you done it right the controller will display L0.0

DSC04448.jpg

4. then put your foot on the throttle and get it to L1.5 this is just to test the voltage single on the accelerator just to make sure you have connect the plugs correctly. once you have hit L1.5 release the throttle it should go back to L0.0

DSC04449.jpg

5. after that press "Set" button then the throttle controller should turn to H0.0 now press your foot on the accelerator to the max you should see the controller read H2.0

DSC04450.jpg

6. then press the set button while your foot is still max on the accelerator

DSC04451.jpg

7.after that you should see it display 100 on the controller (which means your throttle is at 100%)

DSC04452.jpg

8.after that just press the accelerator and you should see the display with an letter A and numbers moving. (this shows you your acceleration % when driving)

DSC04453.jpg

9. once that is all done the controller is all ready to go. but you will need to tidy it up and see where you want to put it. here is where I put the customers.

DSC04459.jpg

10. here is where I tidy all the wiring and tie the wires together so its out of the way and its tidy.

DSC04460.jpg

11. after that take the car out for a drive but be warn not to use sp7 stright away. get use to it first on lower setting then experiment on sp7. (remember your spare pair of pants!! :D :D ) and enjoy :D :D :D

hope this will help all of you :D if there is any problem just give me a shout and will do my best to help. :D

Leon.

That is bizarre, by definition if eco5 is 25 and sp7 is 60 then you should be getting about 100% more throttle...you should see it in the revving whilst out of gear too?

Maybe it's just me... I'll take it for another spin tomorrow and reprot back. :thumbs:

Okay, changed my mind - i can definitely feel it now :lol:

Been out for a spin today, just friving it round town and you can really feel the difference! I wouldnt call it a performance mod per-se but it does yield some interesting results... :thumbs:

Thanks guys for your help and Col for spotting it. :thumbs:

Okay, changed my mind - i can definitely feel it now :lol:

Been out for a spin today, just friving it round town and you can really feel the difference! I wouldnt call it a performance mod per-se but it does yield some interesting results... :thumbs:

Thanks guys for your help and Col for spotting it. :thumbs:

:lol: Good job!